Yeah zero complaints there, never done enough to win it then the keeper went absolutely mental for 5 minutes and Alloa had the quality to punish us.

East Fifes to lose now, they shouldn't be afraid of McDiarmid at all so expecting them to manage a result to top the group.

Those two dropped points at Alloa last week may come back to haunt us!!!

Not sure what to make of that EF performance tonite. In the first half, EF looked like they would score from every attack and blew Brechin away. But due to poor finishing and/or last ditch  tackles, but also thanks to a wobbly  goalie, it was only 3 at the interval. After the 4th went in right after h/t, I sat back expecting a barrowload to go in but that was it. 

A case of Brechin shutting up shop or EF taking the foot off the gas ? I think and hope a bit of both with the latter at the fore.

Still, another clean sheet, Laaref showed a few good touches when he came on and a lot of chances are being created. On to Saturday.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Exiled Fifer said:

Not sure what to make of that EF performance tonite. In the first half, EF looked like they would score from every attack and blew Brechin away. But due to poor finishing and/or last ditch  tackles, but also thanks to a wobbly  goalie, it was only 3 at the interval. After the 4th went in right after h/t, I sat back expecting a barrowload to go in but that was it. 

A case of Brechin shutting up shop or EF taking the foot off the gas ? I think and hope a bit of both with the latter at the fore.

Still, another clean sheet, Laaref showed a few good touches when he came on and a lot of chances are being created. On to Saturday.

The game was won, I think a few “tactical” substitutions to save players for Saturday was the order from the Cambells!!!

Edited by King Kebab

After an even opening 10 minutes East Fife slowly moved through the gears and blew Brechin away with x3 well worked goals. Brechin really struggled with crossed balls into their box and all the goals on the night came from crosses. After the 4th goal and all the substitutes we kind of took our foot of the pedal. Thought Jess Norey had a great game along with Scott Shephard. A draw might be enough on Saturday at St Johnstone but the group still wide open with 3 teams still in with a big shout. 

It turned into a bit of a training game after 46 minutes, Brechin were never going to come back.

Noticed Trouten in the stand 2nd half, maybe resting him and i hope Peggie substitution was just precautionary as he and Newton are forming a great understanding on the left.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah zero complaints there, never done enough to win it then the keeper went absolutely mental for 5 minutes and Alloa had the quality to punish us.

East Fifes to lose now, they shouldn't be afraid of McDiarmid at all so expecting them to manage a result to top the group.

An extremely bold assumption that Alloa won't be winning at Cappielow to top the group themselves, although 10 points would guarantee East Fife going through in second anyway.

Chance for East Fife to become just the second League Two side to get out of the groups on Saturday. Annan the only other team to do so, and you’d never guess which top flight team failed in that season. That was also in Group F. 

That St Johnstone team reek of relegation. Saw a few Cammy Macpherson is bad comments... they weren't wrong. Just happened to research Raymond before the game and Vilar de Perdizes is like if Alloa had a worse stadium, he had a torrid time against Buchanan who has so much room to improve. Taylor Steven and Josh McPake anonymous ( which was no surprise after we beat his stirling team 5-1 last season).

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

An extremely bold assumption that Alloa won't be winning at Cappielow to top the group themselves, although 10 points would guarantee East Fife going through in second anyway.

Hadn't looked at the table at that point tbh.

A really good performance from the team last night which was night and day from the East Fife game.

Some excellent performances from our players especially Rankin, Waters, Taggart and Hetherington but all of the starting eleven played really well.

6 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

That St Johnstone team reek of relegation. 

Yeah it's been obvious since the signings started rolling in, really.

Been hoping he was just signing cheap squad players to allow money to be spent on actual quality, but the squads already massive and times ticking on so it looks like he's genuinely thought his signings so far would be good enough.

Cammy MacPherson as first choice CM, and wearing the captains armband, perfectly sums up where we are.

A lot of talk about 'putting it right' and 'bouncing back' tomorrow, but the damage is already done. Do we expect Alloa to be dropping points against Morton, let alone a Morton side who have nothing to play for at this point? A Saints win is also highly unlikely to be enough for one of the 'best 2nd place' slots. A thumping victory might be our only shot, but I doubt we're capable of that.

32 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

A lot of talk about 'putting it right' and 'bouncing back' tomorrow, but the damage is already done. Do we expect Alloa to be dropping points against Morton, let alone a Morton side who have nothing to play for at this point? A Saints win is also highly unlikely to be enough for one of the 'best 2nd place' slots. A thumping victory might be our only shot, but I doubt we're capable of that.

Cami will have an outstanding game and win over all his critics.

Sinclair

Keltjens Mclelland Cameron Raymond 

Wright Sprangler M. Smith Carey 

Kimpioka Sidibeh

Will never be the starting line up but we can dream. Depressed me how difficult it was to get a relatively sensible team without Macpherson, McPake or C. Smith. Not convinced by Raymond thus far either. 

10 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Sinclair

Keltjens Mclelland Cameron Raymond 

Wright Sprangler M. Smith Carey 

Kimpioka Sidibeh

Will never be the starting line up but we can dream. Depressed me how difficult it was to get a relatively sensible team without Macpherson, McPake or C. Smith. Not convinced by Raymond thus far either. 

That’s exactly what I would do. But you are correct, it’ll definitely involve MacPherson and/or one of the random lower league punt signings and probably a 3/5 at the back.

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

That’s exactly what I would do. But you are correct, it’ll definitely involve MacPherson and/or one of the random lower league punt signings and probably a 3/5 at the back.

Aye. I'm expecting

Rae

Wright - Sanders - McClelland - Cameron - Raymond

M. Smith - Carey - MacPherson

Sidibeh - Kimpioka