1 hour ago, Reid said:

Ashcroft battering one in from 30 yards then having his pants pulled down down by a Sunday league player is not ideal tbh.

Maybe that’s where your going wrong, you should maybe signed a couple of Sunday league players🇾🇪

Fair play, McCall has Clyde organised and I think they’ll have a decent season.

We weren’t great but still should’ve won. Kinnear made great saves from McBeth and Turner and there was another one from MacKay (I think) that was a brilliant block. Highlights the need for a right back, someone that isn’t O’Reilly to cover Milne and another goalkeeper. 

59 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Ah well. Another troublesome season ahead.

‘Another’?

The last properly ‘troublesome’ season we had was 5 years ago. Since then we’ve won League One, and finished in the playoffs three years in a row. 

2 hours ago, Reid said:

Ashcroft battering one in from 30 yards then having his pants pulled down down by a Sunday league player is not ideal tbh.

😄 - appears you will need to upgrade your defence then from those who were clearly rejected for tonight's game down at the local fives...

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

It’s one fluke game. Calm down.

Is it though? Tick……..

50 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

‘Another’?

The last properly ‘troublesome’ season we had was 5 years ago. Since then we’ve won League One, and finished in the playoffs three years in a row. 

Ignore him. If he won the lottery he’d ask “aye, but what would I have won if I didn’t have to share it. Sake.”

31 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Thistle competed quite well against us at times tonight, so I reckon they'll go on to have a pretty good season.

obama oh no you didnt GIF

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Ah well. Another troublesome season ahead.

Think you are actually the League favourites this season.  

Thoroughly enjoyed that tonight.  It is always going to be a battle against a full time time, not least in terms of fitness.  However we dug in and worked our socks off and got what I thought was a week deserved win.  A lot of positives in that Partick side, not least your no9, Brian Graham who is a class act.  Partick were scary on the break. However some really honking defending and I'm glad you have Ashcroft for the season and not us.  

IMG_0231.thumb.jpeg.170b8022aea0a2108d0d44d7a73bee42.jpeg

Admittedly shat the bed and cashed out almost straight after we went 3-2 up, but the misery of watching Thistle turn the screw in the last 5 minutes wasn’t worth the extra £100 odd quid. In the end, though, I thought we saw it out pretty well. 

What a difference it makes having an actual football team to go and support. Tonight was just fantastic. That wasn’t even anywhere near our best team tonight, albeit clearly not Thistle’s either. Having players who notched 20+ goals between them last season on the bench tonight just summed up the difference in the club since last season. It’s hard not to get carried away. 

Edited by ScottR96

Ashcroft with an all-timer of a performance tonight it seems, don't remember him ever having quite the stinker with us. At least it's out of the way in July, I suppose?

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ashcroft with an all-timer of a performance tonight it seems, don't remember him ever having quite the stinker with us. At least it's out of the way in July, I suppose?

My long life milk turns quicker. He is a donkey.

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

‘Another’?

And failed in the play offs three years in a row?

My long life milk turns quicker. He is a donkey.

He had a shocker last night but he’s shown over the years he’s more than capable at our level.

And failed in the play offs three years in a row?

None of that equates to “troublesome” though.

On 23/07/2024 at 22:34, oneteaminglasgow said:

We weren’t great but still should’ve won

I've got to say, I've been thinking about this comment for a bit (having watched all sets of highlights about 40 times each) and I'm not sure what game you were watching. Kinnear made good saves, certainly, but at the game aside from the first few minutes and a short period around Grahams equaliser, I never thought you looked up for 'winning a game of football'.

I have a couple of Thistle supporting mates and their thoughts were much the same as mine. Obviously I left that game talking about how Clyde will probably win the cup full stop when I met up with them. That lasted for about 20 minutes until eventually they left me on my tod with my own thoughts (not good!).

Ultimately, back to the main point, it was clear to me that the better team won.

EDIT: Unless you mean generally 'a Championship team should beat a League 2 team', then yes, fair, but I'm not sure you did.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

40 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

EDIT: Unless you mean generally 'a Championship team should beat a League 2 team', then yes, fair, but I'm not sure you did.

I meant purely in terms of the good chances we didn’t take after making it 2-2. The rest of the game, we weren’t good enough but we should be scoring at least one of them to go ahead and from there I think we see the game out.

Edit: to clarify, I’m not suggesting that we dominated the game or even were particularly the better side. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow