Looking forward to welcoming Motherwell to NDP (Or whatever they call it now). I'm optimistic and think we will give a good account of ourselves but can't see anything other than a Motherwell win. Jordan Allan rejoining us this week is good timing for us.

I wont make it today but SK will still ruin my day by putting out a mental team in his daft 5-2-3 (5-2-2-1) formation.

it doesnt work if you try to  watch using the prime app on firestick etc, signed up to premier sports as an extra thinking i would get it on the big screen ,  for 16 quid but no game listed, snashers !

Edited by Doc Holiday

We haven't really solved the fact Motherwell have two up front against our two centre halves, and 3 on 3 in the centre of midfield. So basically man to man. With them having better players they've cut us open too often and should have scored more.

That said, we have done a few things well and Allan has looked sharp. Need a lot more from Docherty; he has really flattered to deceive this pre-season.

Thought we did reasonably well there, especially given the squad rotation. If Scullion doesn’t fluff the effort at 2-1 it’s a different last 10 minutes or so.

Motherwells third goal was a cracker. Motherwell deserved their victory but I feel we gave a good account of ourselves against a far superior opponent.

Despite a limp first half performance which we treated like a kick about, we turned it on second half and sweeped away a very poor Edinburgh as I had hoped we would do. I’m looking forward to the Clyde game on Tuesday think they will provide a much better test after an impressive transfer window. I expect they will win that division and like wise Edinburgh will do well to avoid bottom. Still fancy us to win though and I’m glad the game is at firhill as it may have been a trickier test heading to an Astro. 9 points should just about see us through I would think with so many other champ and prem teams slipping up already and hopefully the Motherwell game will be a free hit.

Went along to City v Thistle. Strange game. Thought City did relatively well, 1st half, looked solid enough at the back, and seemed to be coping, with Thistle struggling a bit to fashion many chances.

2nd half, once the 1st went in, City essentially collapsed and in fairness, Thistle were very clinical after that.

Didn't feel like it was going to be anything like that scoreline at HT, but Thistle clearly had some gears to move up.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Thought we did reasonably well there, especially given the squad rotation. If Scullion doesn’t fluff the effort at 2-1 it’s a different last 10 minutes or so.

Motherwells third goal was a cracker. Motherwell deserved their victory but I feel we gave a good account of ourselves against a far superior opponent.

Agreed. You missed a couple of great chances in each half which may have pulled us into another shootout. We were rotten at the back (again).

26 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Went along to City v Thistle. Strange game. Thought City did relatively well, 1st half, looked solid enough at the back, and seemed to be coping, with Thistle struggling a bit to fashion many chances.

2nd half, once the 1st went in, City essentially collapsed and in fairness, Thistle were very clinical after that.

Didn't feel like it was going to be anything like that scoreline at HT, but Thistle clearly had some gears to move up.

Aye pretty much agree. We just kept grinding at the City block and there wasn't any real surprise when we scored and then went on to grab a few more. 

Hard to get into positives and negatives as no Thistle player was right off the boil.

6 goals, 3 points and 6 different scorers going into an interesting tie against a revitalised Clyde with Jobbie McCall, returning to Firhill.

Having had a look at the groups, running up the score there might come in handy if we end up as a runner up on 9 points, that looks the most likely points total to get through with in 2nd place.

As we play the very last game a day after everyone else we'll know what we need to do to get through vs Motherwell - obviously if we lose on Tuesday we have to win at Fir Park for the first time since about 1972. There is no (realistic) scenario I can see where even if we lose on Tuesday we're arithmetically out before we play Motherwell.

Clyde will be a far tougher test than Edinburgh City and possibly even Montrose, McCall will definitely be well up for this and no doubt he'll have them fired up, looking forward to see what he comes out with in the media beforehand.

Edited by Fuctifano

Not really the usual game against a Premier league team in that we could easily have scored three (two absolute sitters missed by Rennie and Scullion) and had a fair few other near things where some composure might have opened things up.

At the other end though we were wide open and Motherwell produced some hilarious finishing. Changing to the back three at the break didn't really help things defensively, though did see an improvement in attack.

I'm expecting Lennon Miller will be off to Serie A soon. Stuck out like a sore thumb today in the same way that Miovski did in January.

Hamilton, Scullion and Grant our best but definitely just a continuation of our general positivity ahead of the new season.

7 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Struggling to understand the praise for Lennon Miller today if I’m honest. Could have been a 6-4 scoreline today if it wasn’t for our ridiculous finishing and Clyde not taking their chances. 

Obviously I don’t see him much but I felt Lennon Miller was, by some distance, the best player on the pitch today. Even discounting his age, he was composed, strong, hits the ball really well, won a penalty, probably could have won another in the first-half, and generally strolled it. His pass through to (I think) Robinson in the first half was sublime. A level of quality we don’t see at League Two level. 

4 minutes ago, Replays said:

Obviously I don’t see him much but I felt Lennon Miller was, by some distance, the best player on the pitch today. Even discounting his age, he was composed, strong, hits the ball really well, won a penalty, probably could have won another in the first-half, and generally strolled it. His pass through to (I think) Robinson in the first half was sublime. A level of quality we don’t see at League Two level. 

He is definitely our next sellable project but I don’t think he’s even close yet. It was never a penalty by the way 👀

Just zipped through the 2nd half of the match replay on jagzone to see the goals, couple for the dubious goals panel to sort out. Think the 2nd goal looked as if it was over the line before the defender blocked it and Graham put in the rebound but it's not 100% from the camera angle and I suspect Ashcroft isn't getting that one off Graham.

5th one I think the ball is still on the line when Wasiri puts it in rather than being an OG and more than happy for him to have it. Don't think O'Reilly gets a touch.

Turner looks outstanding both from his set pieces and assists from open play, appreciate we've not played anyone at Championship level or above yet this season but he comes across as enjoying himself. Obviously it was to make it 6-0 so no pressure but the free kick was effortless, just passed it into the top corner.

Edited by Fuctifano