2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Used your name as he was complaining about you in the Dundee thread. So just used it as an example of , what I felt was, him complaining about something and then doing exactly what he was complaining about.

Wasn't criticising you directly.

Indirectly, however ... 

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Used your name as he was complaining about you in the Dundee thread. So just used it as an example of , what I felt was, him complaining about something and then doing exactly what he was complaining about.

Wasn't criticising you directly.

Ahh right apologies. 

Yep unfortunately a lot of the dees on this forum are absolute roasters. 

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

You can shove your derby tickets up your greedy, skint arses.

Thank you.

Ironic as your fans deciding no to go will be either too skint to afford a ticket or greedy b*****ds not wanting to give up their own money to go. 

8 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

but Biggie and Johnny do wumming more to the point and more succinctly, but you do you.

I have no idea what wumming is, but I don't do much things very well, so I will accept.

I wonder if there will be the same outrage from Dundee fans when their team charges the same price for the return fixture. 
Personally think it’s too high but that’s a problem with Scottish football in general. 

10 hours ago, skinny arab said:

I wonder if there will be the same outrage from Dundee fans when their team charges the same price for the return fixture. 
Personally think it’s too high but that’s a problem with Scottish football in general. 

Football tickets in general are pretty high in the UK no matter what league it is. I work in the facilities management industry for a company that manages football stadiums and it's mad how much everything has gone up in terms of costs for materials and labour in the past couple of years so I can understand why prices have had to go up unfortunately but then you are pricing out the low income families at the current rates. 

I don't blame anyone who decides they aren't willing to pay those prices. I'm not willing to pay them, after all. Factoring in travel, a pie and a pint, you're probably talking at least £80 for the day. More than my Preston Athletic season ticket.

I have to pick and choose my games, I cannot attend enough games to make a season ticket worthwhile so I am basically being priced out of watching my team. That's fine, there are plenty of clubs near me who are much more affordable. C'est la vie.

I appreciate getting a PATG v Season Ticket price structure is a task in itself.

but, as a kick off, don’t be going over £30 for a match ticket, it’s obscene.

it’s way beyond time we do something about this.  

14 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

I appreciate getting a PATG v Season Ticket price structure is a task in itself.

but, as a kick off, don’t be going over £30 for a match ticket, it’s obscene.

it’s way beyond time we do something about this.  

Like? Sign worse players. Don't invest in the youth teams. Let the stadium rot.

If you want to compete, you have to spend money. That is a non-negotiable in modern sport.

I'm sure I recall paying £26 for the Dinamo Moscow game in 2012, which at the time seemed outrageous but must have been only a few quid more than a normal PATG ticket. I think it was the psychological £25 barrier being broken that got me.

Given the general inflation since, over £30 isn't surprising. That's not to say it hasn't always been too expensive, of course.

21 minutes ago, Finlay1021 said:

@Fife ArabYou heard much more on Nisbet? Someone is saying it’s close on another forum

I haven’t heard anything but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing in it. All I heard was Allan Campbell offer was good and we have a chance. 

1 hour ago, Finlay1021 said:

@Fife ArabYou heard much more on Nisbet? Someone is saying it’s close on another forum

Going by a recent pic of him I've seen (can't find it now) , looks like he's a good stone or two overweight. Might be fit for Christmas

I have lots of sympathy with folk who cannot afford to go to games, I was in an identical situation when I had a young family.  There were other things that were far more pressing than going to watch the team I supported.

However I’m really not sure what the solution is.  Price elasticity of demand is probably such that if we cut the price of admission by 33% or 50% then the increased number of ticket sales would not offset the reduction in revenue.

No one is making money out of United, in fact just the reverse and even if we saw the club run more effectively I doubt we’d be looking at any better than a break even situation.

The only other option is to go for far cheaper players and I doubt anyone on here is advocating that.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Like? Sign worse players. Don't invest in the youth teams. Let the stadium rot.

If you want to compete, you have to spend money. That is a non-negotiable in modern sport.

When I say ‘we’, I mean all clubs. 

a cap on ticket prices. A 5 year plan, even, to get there. 

it’s ridiculous