4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Without wishing to rationalise too early in the process, I wonder if the centre forward needs to have pace in this system or whether he will primarily be acting as fulcrum (sorry) for the two wide attackers to play off. Trapanovski looks like he'll be happy to run behind, and Fotheringham already makes those sorts of runs. I can see the centre forward, dropping deep to link play and then arriving late to finish things off. That might work.

What Jort! will bring is a much needed ginger to the squad and a bearded ginger at that. You really can't go wrong with a beardie ginger (contrary examples strictly not invited).

Always enjoy football fans trying to rationalise stuff (I do the same)! Tbh, that probably could work with Van der Sande. Technically fine and had some decent finishes last season.

Re: the gingerness... he plays internationally for Caribbean nation Bonaire. After international breaks was more worried he was going to be unavailable after severe sunburn than any physical knock.

15 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Without wishing to rationalise too early in the process, I wonder if the centre forward needs to have pace in this system or whether he will primarily be acting as fulcrum (sorry) for the two wide attackers to play off. Trapanovski looks like he'll be happy to run behind, and Fotheringham already makes those sorts of runs. I can see the centre forward, dropping deep to link play and then arriving late to finish things off. That might work.

What Jort! will bring is a much needed ginger to the squad and a bearded ginger at that. You really can't go wrong with a beardie ginger (contrary examples strictly not invited).

If all United needed was a big 6ft plus bearded ginger I would have been a shoe in!

Might pull the boots back on.

Guys fair play for this Dundee united talk in the Dundee united thread but I'm back for more cost of living tips and recipe advice.

Went for porridge and bananas, soup and a sandwich and some sort of fucked up ragu that I've now got to eat for another 5 teas.

Shat a topper this morning.

Edited by Big Gus

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

If all United needed was a big 6ft plus bearded ginger I would have been a shoe in!

^^^
IMG_2184.jpeg.b916338e0181aab75a74ec1d09fb07cd.jpeg

2 hours ago, Fife Arab said:

Still would like to see some pace up top. Feel like we have missed that striker playing on the CB shoulder for years. Who knows might bring in that also 👀

Just for reference this isn’t imminent but Jim definitely is looking for that profile……could need bodies out the door first! 

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Please dont. My legs are still bruised from years ago mate 🤣

2 hours ago, Big Gus said:

Guys fair play for this Dundee united talk in the Dundee united thread but I'm back for more cost of living tips and recipe advice.

Went for porridge and bananas, soup and a sandwich and some sort of fucked up ragu that I've now got to eat for another 5 teas.

Shat a topper this morning.

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Please dont. My legs are still bruised from years ago mate 🤣

I can barely run the length of myself these days.

Done a kettle bell shred thing to kick start some weight loss and apparently I have no quads left now 😭

10 hours ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Not a hard worker enough to play as an 8, not skilful enough to play as a 10.  Although things may have changed in the past 5 years.

Kinda where I was with it - kinda a 6/10 most weeks capable of the odd 9/10 performance? 

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Really don’t think you should be using homophobic slurs.

Says more about you than me that you read that as homophobic. 

Fairies are nimble mythical creatures who work delicate magic and avoid confrontation. 

That you think otherwise is a you problem.

6 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Says more about you than me that you read that as homophobic. 

Fairies are nimble mythical creatures who work delicate magic and avoid confrontation. 

That you think otherwise is a you problem.

Don’t act ignorant.  It’s a well known homophobic slur, use it or anything similar again and I’ll report it.

I’m sure your capable of making your point without stooping to such levels.