57 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Hard to tell how good the window has been when we're still starting Holt, Graham, Sibbald, possibly Docherty, with Odada and Ubochioma AWOL, known sicknote Strain injured, and Dalby probably not the profile we needed.

Ferry, Trapanovski, Babunski and VdS all good signings, Stephenson and Adegboyega look promising, . Who knows with Sevelj and Richards.

Looks better than a 50% hit rate even at this stage though, which is decent.

I think Sevelj has shown enough to suggest he'll be a decent signing, even if he ends up just being cover for 2 or 3 positions. 

Dalby is a strange one. Presumably there's more to his game than goalscoring.

4 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I think Sevelj has shown enough to suggest he'll be a decent signing, even if he ends up just being cover for 2 or 3 positions. 

Dalby is a strange one. Presumably there's more to his game than goalscoring.

It's another proper centre forward. Game changed completely last week when we went 352, albeit that was immediately after we scored. I thought VDS and Moult did well as a two but you can't really go with that sort of formation on a regular basis with only two centre forwards in the first team squad. It's another body to play that formation.

Can't argue that we do look dangerous with the 343 but we also look incredibly open. I think once the dust settles we'll see five in midfield more often and we'll need another centre forward to do that.

15 hours ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Hard to tell how good the window has been when we're still starting Holt, Graham, Sibbald, possibly Docherty, with Odada and Ubochioma AWOL, known sicknote Strain injured, and Dalby probably not the profile we needed.

Ferry, Trapanovski, Babunski and VdS all good signings, Stephenson and Adegboyega look promising, . Who knows with Sevelj and Richards.

Looks better than a 50% hit rate even at this stage though, which is decent.

The transfer window has been sensational, I don't think it's hard to tell at all? Majority of the signings so are big upgrades on the former players. Jury out on Odada and not seen the new winger yet though. 

It's only the centre midfield area where we are a bit light in IMO but hopefully Odada isn't a dud. 

Would love us to have another CB in as Holt, Gallagher and Graham are all rather 'meh' and have already costed us some really stupid goals. Can see at least two of them becoming subs and we sign someone in Jan

Edited by Butters Scotch

49 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

The transfer window has been sensational, I don't think it's hard to tell at all? Majority of the signings so are big upgrades on the former players. Jury out on Odada and not seen the new winger yet though. 

It's only the centre midfield area where we are a bit light in IMO but hopefully Odada isn't a dud. 

Would love us to have another CB in as Holt, Gallagher and Graham are all rather 'meh' and have already costed us some really stupid goals. Can see at least two of them becoming subs and we sign someone in Jan

I think at some point we will switch to a 4-2-3-1, especially if there is an injury/suspension in defence.

21 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Haha I know it's f**king hilarious some of the push they are coming away with, very small time 

What's the problem with wishing McCowan all the best?

Probably something your 'small time' brain can't comprehend.

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What's the problem with wishing McCowan all the best?

Probably something your 'small time' brain can't comprehend.

Thank you.

By all means wish him all the best if he is going to a club outside of Scotland but losing your best player to one of the arse cheeks for a low offer doesn't necessarily constitute a congratulations in my eyes but you lot do as you wish. 

1 hour ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

I think at some point we will switch to a 4-2-3-1, especially if there is an injury/suspension in defence.

What makes you think that? Goodwin has been playing with the 3 CB's throughout this season and the recruitment team have been targeting specific players for each position on the face of it. Only way he is going to change formation is if our system has been rumbled and we hit a bad run of form IMO

1 minute ago, Butters Scotch said:

What makes you think that? Goodwin has been playing with the 3 CB's throughout this season and the recruitment team have been targeting specific players for each position on the face of it. Only way he is going to change formation is if our system has been rumbled and we hit a bad run of form IMO

As I said it would be due to a lack of centre backs from injuries/suspensions.  The players we have recruited are also very suited to 4-2-3-1:

Walton

Stephenson Odebayego Graham Ferry

Sibbald  Sevjl

Thomson                Babunski        Trapanovski

Van Der Sande

22 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

By all means wish him all the best if he is going to a club outside of Scotland but losing your best player to one of the arse cheeks for a low offer doesn't necessarily constitute a congratulations in my eyes but you lot do as you wish. 

Wouldn't say 1.5 million was a low offer for a player with a year left, also, the arse cheeks are not a direct rival like say, if he'd gone to Hibs.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Wouldn't say 1.5 million was a low offer for a player with a year left, also, the arse cheeks are not a direct rival like say, if he'd gone to Hibs.

I thought it was around 1m?

I wasnt having a go at the offer by the way, it's the best Scottish clubs can do when players are in their last year.

2 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

I thought it was around 1m?

I wasnt having a go at the offer by the way, it's the best Scottish clubs can do when players are in their last year.

New club record fee, previous was Jack Hendry 1.5 mill.

1 hour ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

As I said it would be due to a lack of centre backs from injuries/suspensions.  The players we have recruited are also very suited to 4-2-3-1:

Walton

Stephenson Odebayego Graham Ferry

Sibbald  Sevjl

Thomson                Babunski        Trapanovski

Van Der Sande

Quite like the look of that.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I disagree. Those 2 are direct rivals. You draw them in the cup and they become direct rivals in a competition that you (we) have at least a chance of winning.

We done it when we sold Celtic Armstrong and GMS 

1 minute ago, Glen Scotia said:

I disagree. Those 2 are direct rivals. You draw them in the cup and they become direct rivals in a competition that you (we) have at least a chance of winning.

We done it when we sold Celtic Armstrong and GMS 

The blue cheek you might have a chance, with a bit of luck, but the green cheek are so far ahead of everyone, you've no hope. IMO.

6 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

A bit light is a bit of an understatement when we’ve got Kevin Holt playing there for the third game on the bounce.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

A bit light is a bit of an understatement when we’ve got Kevin Holt playing there for the third game on the bounce.

Who is then replaced by another centre back.

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Very impressed with Odebayego. I had written him off after the first which goes to show my limited footballing knowledge.

He was actually great today alongside Graham.

That'll be absolutely not premiership quality Graham with 3 clean sheets and a couple of match winning goals to his name so far this season.

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

He was actually great today alongside Graham.

That'll be absolutely not premiership quality Graham with 3 clean sheets and a couple of match winning goals to his name so far this season.

Yeah he looks so much more comfortable on the left. What a boy, huge fist pump towards the fans at the end, he gets it. That's surely the first choice back three sorted, hopefully Gallacher can stay clear of injury.