Very good start to the season. Im Goodwins biggest critic but hes built what looks like a solid enough team to compete at this level

The most surprising thing at this stage is that we are above the Dens Park Globetrotters...

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Very good start to the season. Im Goodwins biggest critic but hes built what looks like a solid enough team to compete at this level

The most surprising thing at this stage is that we are above the Dens Park Globetrotters...

Natural Order restored. 

6 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Is he better than McKenna or Cooper? Hard to say, will get a real test against the old firm.

McKenna is surprisingly mobile for a big laddy, but I think Graham has the edge pace wise. Technically I think McKenna is more experienced and confident in what he does.

Cooper, tbh I've never really seen much in him that's impressed me but his record is decent.

Hard call.

Prime uninjured Tierney is levels above him but certainly wouldn't put it out to be too wild a call when compared to the other options.

Graham is decent enough for this level but the answer to your question is no. Graham is nowhere close to Hanley, Cooper, Porteous or McKenna's level. Guys that have consistently played at a much higher level than Graham. 

Lets reevaluate at the end of the season and see if he develops enough to make it at a higher level. 

Edited by Butters Scotch

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The most pleasing thing about being above the city’s wee team in the league is that it stops most of the tedious c***s from infesting our threads.

Perhaps it's also, in part, prevented the two week break between games attracting 'Goodwin Out' element in the United support dominating the topic.

Anyway, two questions, if that's ok:

a) maybe I've missed the news, but has the idea of a Sports Bar in the old tram shed next to the club shop been abandoned? It appears that way. As far as I know United own the building, but perhaps the Covid tragedies pushed back plans.

b) also, have there been any updates on the supposed investment interest from Matthew Benham or Tony Bloom?

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

a) maybe I've missed the news, but has the idea of a Sports Bar in the old tram shed next to the club shop been abandoned? It appears that way. As far as I know United own the building, but perhaps the Covid tragedies pushed back plans.

This seems to have been put on the back burner and no word of happening for a couple of years now. https://ardler.ltd.uk/portfolio/dufc-sports-bar-dundee/

Would be a great addition to the current pre match pint at Tannadice. There was chat amongst some that the club had ideas of painting the road (or certainly the paths) on Tannadice street Tangerine! Not sure how they would get the "tangerine" light to go ahead with that 

On 03/09/2024 at 11:06, Granny Danger said:

The most pleasing thing about being above the city’s wee team in the league is that it stops most of the tedious c***s from infesting our threads.

It would appear they are too busy ruminating.

Screenshot_20240904_135308_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Yeah they have been quieter recently. 

maybe their real team will beat us next weekend and they’ll be all over here again

Whatever I think of the Funsters I don’t think Sevco is their ‘real team’.

Ffs how cute is this 😂

On a serious note, smashing start. Very happy with our return given the difficult start against all top six sides, and a good point at you lot. I fancy us both to be competing for top six tbh. 

2 hours ago, Liam899 said:

Ffs how cute is this 😂

On a serious note, smashing start. Very happy with our return given the difficult start against all top six sides, and a good point at you lot. I fancy us both to be competing for top six tbh. 

All about perspective,  I suppose. Your draw and win against the Maureens and Hearts is arguably more impressive than our draw and win against the Fun and Hearts. 

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Fruits getting 'all excited' and brave, oh dear.

Only decent side you've played so far was us.

morrissey-why-am-i-here.gif.e3a4d83bcfa976fe8423ce1f067a69a4.gif

Thank you.

I'd say most Arabs are cautiously optimistic given our reasonable start to the season whilst you are the one getting excited because you have the FEAR. 

Nae FEAR here. We’re a good side and are confident we’ll have a good season. Like I say, I also think you lot will too. Both sides aren’t even at their strongest yet. For us that’s defensively. We’ve lost McCowan which is a blow but we’ve got a lot of creativity so hopefully won’t impact too much. 

17 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Nae FEAR here. We’re a good side and are confident we’ll have a good season. Like I say, I also think you lot will too. Both sides aren’t even at their strongest yet. For us that’s defensively. We’ve lost McCowan which is a blow but we’ve got a lot of creativity so hopefully won’t impact too much. 

Didn't mean you bud - I was having a wee pop at Bigmouth. Be great for the city to have two strong teams.

47 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Definitely not what you were saying before the derby game, quite the opposite in fact 

8 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

All about perspective,  I suppose. Your draw and win against the Maureens and Hearts is arguably more impressive than our draw and win against the Fun and Hearts. 

Forget perspective, stick to facts

Utd :-

Dundee H

County A

St J H

Hearts A

Dees :-

UTD A

Hearts H

Hibs A

St M H

No debate about who has had the easier start which is reflected in the points tally.