19 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Goodwin willingness to change his mistakes early in the games is a positive sign. He seemed very reluctant or unable to change games last year.

The fact he has had to do it in at least 2 league games already is a worry but I'm now at the comfortable with him stage.

He's a bit like Robbie Neilson, IMO.

He understands what needed enough to get the job done, but there's just something about him that doesn't click with fans so any bad run will see folk turn on him.

He'll have you a decent bit away from relegation but you'll probably feel unexplainablely unsatisfied by it all.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He understands what needed enough to get the job done, but there's just something about him that doesn't click with fans so any bad run will see folk turn on him.

He'll have you a decent bit away from relegation but you'll probably feel unexplainablely unsatisfied by it all.

If he has us a decent bit away from relegation I’ll be absolutely delighted.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I have watched Courts, Mellon and Neilson. Don't underwhelmsplain to me.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah, I don't think this comparison works.

With Goodwin we know why he doesn't click with fans, his questionable tactics, his generic interviews, the high profile matches he's lost. and his qualities (he's an excellent recruiter), only make his weaknesses more apparent. but also Goodwin just seems more likeable? He's never had the easier gigs that Neilson has had.

With Neilson, he's like the Mcdonalds of football managers, good in the moment but leaves you with this feeling of deep dissatisfaction. 

(probably explained that horrendously.)

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Decent for you guys?

scott.thumb.jpeg.73626d1992e9897dae870e1db1718be0.jpeg

Thank you.

Depends who you ask. Some will say he was a decent player in a poor side; the rest will say he was a lazy, selfish shitebag. 

I'm in the former camp but wouldn't have taken him back. He wouldn't get a game for us. Suspect a high proportion of your support will hate him very quickly. Not a battler. 

Bon appetit. 

23 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Depends who you ask. Some will say he was a decent player in a poor side; the rest will say he was a lazy, selfish shitebag. 

I'm in the former camp but wouldn't have taken him back. He wouldn't get a game for us. Suspect a high proportion of your support will hate him very quickly. Not a battler. 

Bon appetit. 

Looks to me like he's had a decent career at a high standard.

Merci beaucoup.

Shades of Robbie Nielson v Celtic from Stephenson there. What a f**king idiot.

As ever, after a defeat Goodwin will get it in the neck, but although possibly lacking a cutting edge I thought we were decent in the first half. Second half was poor granted, but the subs did make a difference. The actions of one moron have stopped the tie going to extra time, and from there who knows how it would have panned out.

Just now, Steven W said:

Shades of Robbie Nielson v Celtic from Stephenson there. What a f**king idiot.

As ever, after a defeat Goodwin will get it in the neck, but although possibly lacking a cutting edge I thought we were decent in the first half. Second half was poor granted, but the subs did make a difference. The actions of one moron have stopped the tie going to extra time, and from there who knows how it would have panned out.

Haven’t seen the penalty properly but there was little between the teams.  A moment of individual idiocy makes the difference it sends.  

Absolute stupidity from young Luca there. I reckon he's thinking I'm going to sliding block the shot but instead just clattered through the back of the Motherwell player. 

Just idiotic. I said to colleague on Thursday it'll be a coin toss between them. There's the flip there a stupid challenge in the box in the 91st minute of a cup tie.

Meh, just meh. Not even angry, just disappointed.

3 minutes ago, adamntg said:

And was Meschack’s a dive?  Looked plausible. 

Wasnt a penalty but wasnt a dive either. Gets a nudge in the back when going at pace which put him over. Never getting a pen for that but a booking was a horrendous shout

14 minutes ago, adamntg said:

And was Meschack’s a dive?  Looked plausible. 

9 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Wasnt a penalty but wasnt a dive either. Gets a nudge in the back when going at pace which put him over. Never getting a pen for that but a booking was a horrendous shout

Would agree with @Twinkle . Not a penalty, and a booking for a dive seemed harsh