32 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I'm guessing his contract demands weren't all that hefty if he's accepted an offer from Ayr.

I would imagine at United he'd be expecting at least what he was on and likely more following promotion, whereas he was on nothing when Ayr signed hm.

1 hour ago, SGMilne said:

I would imagine at United he'd be expecting at least what he was on and likely more following promotion, whereas he was on nothing when Ayr signed hm.

So he won’t stay with Premiership United for £x but will sign on with Championship Ayr for £x.

That’s a bit of a stretch. 

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So he won’t stay with Premiership United for £x but will sign on with Championship Ayr for £x.

Its amazing how you change your thought process when you are unemployed.

Either that or his agent screwed him over and he needs to get rid of him

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not necessarily. He might have thought he'd get a better deal elsewhere and after a month he's revised it.

Or it could be what Pull My Strings said?

9 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

Not necessarily. He might have thought he'd get a better deal elsewhere and after a month he's revised it.

Or it could be what Pull My Strings said?

Or it could be neither.  I find it strange that people think Docherty is Premiership quality but McMann isn’t; personally I think both could/would do a job.

On the surface it could be poor work on the part of his agent who should have been sounding out alternatives before turning down United’s offer; assuming they made an offer.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I find it strange that people think Docherty is Premiership quality but McMann isn’t; personally I think both could/would do a job.

McMann was poorer than average previously in the top division, whereas Docherty has only appeared in a few Premiership play-off matches. Docherty's appearances in the team last season rarely saw a defeat, and he looked a more important part of that squad than McMann, to me.

But any player that we can afford is a gamble.

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

McMann was poorer than average previously in the top division, whereas Docherty has only appeared in a few Premiership play-off matches. Docherty's appearances in the team last season rarely saw a defeat, and he looked a more important part of that squad than McMann, to me.

But any player that we can afford is a gamble.

For me McMann, Sibbald and Walton were the most consistently good players we had last season, I’d include Docherty with the proviso his consistency was over far fewer games due to missing so many matches.

Spaces Tailored continue their relationship with the club by sponsoring the training gear.

I know one of the lads is Dave Richards but who's the other guy wearing the green top in the promo pictures? 

I've just realised it's Will Ferry I'm an eejit

Edited by ArabianKnight
Idiocy

27 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Burning through Academy Directors 

I think the nature of that role means a high turnover of staff goes with the turf. Especially at our level. Some of the guys that left our youth development set up have had another 2 or 3 jobs already. Wonder how much of it is to do with moving on before anybody twigs we’ve barely produced a Scottish Championship never mind a “Champions League” level player…? 

26 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Going by the training gear it seems Ferrys squad number is 11, might we see him played further forward with a left back still to come in? Started his career as a winger. 

I hope he doesn't end up being another Sporle. Since we let McMann go surely this guy will be playing left back?

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I see our Academy director is leaving to become a first team coach elsewhere.

IIRC, he also just started the Pro Licence, so presumably is hoping to become a manager some time down the line

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/8431/Academy--Paul-Cowie-To-Depart.html

Is it known where his destination is?  Perhaps a team with his brother as manager?