12 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Be happy to see Van der Sande and Moult start together as a front two but we really need another decent striker on the bench for this.  Moult won’t last 90 minutes and we need someone different (ie fast) to change things up.  

But, if we do go 3-5-2 from the start where do we play arguably our best player Trapanovski?

I'd be surprised to see us ever starting with both VDS and Moult, but definitely a good option to have later in the game.

We may very well be looking to get another striker in before the end of the month, but I'd tend to think we may well have to ship one or two out before then

15 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Be happy to see Van der Sande and Moult start together as a front two but we really need another decent striker on the bench for this.  Moult won’t last 90 minutes and we need someone different (ie fast) to change things up.  

But, if we do go 3-5-2 from the start where do we play arguably our best player Trapanovski?

Speak to FIFA about making it 12 a side?

16 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Play Trapanovski as the second striker, it’s a position he can play 

If we want to get the best out of Babunski then we really need to ditch him playing on the right of the front three, doesn’t suit him or the team. Play VDS and Trapanovski as a 2 who can also work the channels and give Babunski a free role behind them. 

2 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Goodwin has been adapting the formation in game a lot from a 343/3421 to a 352 if we are being too open in midfield and he wants to try fit in as many of our best players at the moment. However, I think as the season goes on, we will start seeing certain players starting based on the system he chooses to start the game with.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the likes of Babunski being dropped in a 343 for example as he doesn't really suit the inverted RW role on recent viewings, he's much better centrally but I think he needs to have two defensively minded CM's next to him for that like in the 352 formation. 

Either formation you can't leave out Trap, the guy is such a threat and dovetails with Ferry brilliantly so think you have to start them two no matter what.

I actually thought Moult wasn't that great when he came on today, simple lay offs, crosses, passes etc were going astray. He's worth having on later in the games though when we need a target man up front as a plan b. 

7 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Goodwin has been adapting the formation in game a lot from a 343/3421 to a 352 if we are being too open in midfield and he wants to try fit in as many of our best players at the moment. However, I think as the season goes on, we will start seeing certain players starting based on the system he chooses to start the game with.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the likes of Babunski being dropped in a 343 for example as he doesn't really suit the inverted RW role on recent viewings, he's much better centrally but I think he needs to have two defensively minded CM's next to him for that like in the 352 formation. 

Either formation you can't leave out Trap, the guy is such a threat and dovetails with Ferry brilliantly so think you have to start them two no matter what.

I actually thought Moult wasn't that great when he came on today, simple lay offs, crosses, passes etc were going astray. He's worth having on later in the games though when we need a target man up front as a plan b. 

I agree re Moult, took up decent positions and put himself about but thought he took the wrong option and gave the ball away on a number of occasions.  The change of shape definitely helped though.

Good to see Graham having another decent performance. Read on twitter last night he's won 100% of aerial duels so far this season and not a single attacker has successfully dribbled past him either!

Mind you he's just a championship level carthorse 😅

13 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Walton

Adegboyega Gallagher Graham

Stephenson Docherty sibbald Ferry

Babunski

Van der Sande Trapanovski

Is that our best 11 at moment in a 3-4-1-2 formation?

Yeah would like to see something along these lines, maybe Sevelj instead of Adegboyega. 
Would need the wingbacks to provide the width but Trapanovski could be instructed to move into wide positions with Babunski loitering at the edge of the box. 

We weren't that good yesterday tbh, but to finally get a win is nice, and makes it a good start to the season. It was pretty important, given our next two league games are at Tynecastle and at home to Rangers Version 2.0, followed by games away to Killie and St Mirren. We could have won 9 points, we should probably have 7, but 5 will do for now. I've seen enough to think we'll be fine, but the league is so competitive. 

I got some stick for calling it a must win before the St Mirren game and hats off, two big, big wins since then.

The 22/23 relegation side didn't string 5 points together until October. These guys have done it in August.

We've got two tough games ahead, I think Hearts are playing beneath themselves and with a squad that deep they will hit someone hard soon. And Rangers are Rangers. 

But with that win even if we take nothing from those games we won't likely be cut adrift and we can push on once the fixtures ease a little.

The shift into an asymmetrical attack with Trap as an Inside Forward/Inverted Winger in one side and Babunski as more of a centralish no 10 technically on the other is one I think we should lean into. Two holding midfielders looks absolutely necessary to scrap for games and having the responsibility split means they, particularly Sibs, can step up a little bit as well as letting Babs have a freer, more central playmaking role. Luca and at one point, presumably, Strain will still give us width there and we still have enough IFs/IWs on the bench to go back to a 3 up front if we have to later on in games.

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

Yeah would like to see something along these lines, maybe Sevelj instead of Adegboyega. 
Would need the wingbacks to provide the width but Trapanovski could be instructed to move into wide positions with Babunski loitering at the edge of the box. 

Tbf it would end up 3-4-3, formations during games shouldn't be too rigid.

Hate the expression but it'll change between attacking and defending phases. 

I think when Strain is fit (if ever) he'll likely start ahead of Stephenson but that may never materialise sadly. 

Plenty of width in the line up posted, it's about how the players play in their notional positions and what their instructions are.

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Good to see Graham having another decent performance. Read on twitter last night he's won 100% of aerial duels so far this season and not a single attacker has successfully dribbled past him either!

How do they stats add up when he brought down Murray in the derby 

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We weren't that good yesterday tbh, but to finally get a win is nice, and makes it a good start to the season. It was pretty important, given our next two league games are at Tynecastle and at home to Rangers Version 2.0, followed by games away to Killie and St Mirren. We could have won 9 points, we should probably have 7, but 5 will do for now. I've seen enough to think we'll be fine, but the league is so competitive. 

Not play well and win isn't a bad place to be. Always feel like we have a goal in us every game which wasn't the case for a long time. 3 goals against in 4 games again, lll take that 

6 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

I think you are forgetting the Dundee derby already ... played a big part in each of their goals and his immobility will cause us issues in future games. 

He's decent enough for this level and aerially he is solid in both boxes I'll give you that. 

20 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Its not arguable, he isnt