Tranent 24/25

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Had that confirmed by davie innes today,  and also no chance it will be Robbie horn. Too negative apparently. 

Interesting. Assumed he was pretty much nailed on for it.

I do find it puzzling that we'd be willing to completely dismiss an available manager who has worked with a lot of our squad and has experience getting out of the LL purely based on style of play, when it's been made pretty clear that Yano's departure was a results issue rather than a style of play issue. Unless we've been told quite early on that he doesn't want the job.

21 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

I do find it puzzling that we'd be willing to completely dismiss an available manager who has worked with a lot of our squad and has experience getting out of the LL purely based on style of play, when it's been made pretty clear that Yano's departure was a results issue rather than a style of play issue. Unless we've been told quite early on that he doesn't want the job.

Do you think it might be down to Robbie being ex teammates/friends with Ian? Maybe he's been offered but said no. I didn't think about that until someone at Berwick mentioned it.

30 minutes ago, JCScouting said:

Do you think it might be down to Robbie being ex teammates/friends with Ian? Maybe he's been offered but said no. I didn't think about that until someone at Berwick mentioned it.

Potentially could be some weight to that. I don't see many more suitable candidates mentioned at the minute, so I'd find it strange if we completely ruled the guy out purely because he was supposedly too 'negative'.

17 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Interesting. Assumed he was pretty much nailed on for it.

That could change. Davie innes isn't the chairman now, he's jacked it in. Work and family taking up his time now.

8 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Potentially could be some weight to that. I don't see many more suitable candidates mentioned at the minute, so I'd find it strange if we completely ruled the guy out purely because he was supposedly too 'negative'.

Agree Omni. If Robbie is interested (I have no idea), then give him the job! He is a proven winner, getting Bonnyrigg out of the Lowland League. I don't think he should have been sacked when he was and Callum's record is surely much poorer at B R than Robbie's (at end of his tenure).

Just now, Casey Jones said:

Agree Omni. If Robbie is interested (I have no idea), then give him the job! He is a proven winner, getting Bonnyrigg out of the Lowland League. I don't think he should have been sacked when he was and Callum's record is surely much poorer at B R than Robbie's (at end of his tenure).

Would agree there. I don't know how many more potentials on the list would have winning the LL and getting out of it on their CV. It's a different matter altogether if he doesn't want the job, but I'd be very curious to see who was on our radar if he wasn't interesting us.

Owen Hastie in from Hibs U18. Don't know too much about the guy. Still think we could use two or three more signings, particularly up the top end of the park with Cammy away. Sure we've only got a squad of 20 at the minute which is eventually gonna take a hit with fixture pile-up and injuries etc.

And a manager at some point as well, you'd assume...

Dropping winnable points at home is becoming our signature in the league and will cost us any sort of challenge up the top end until we rectify it. I know there's goals in Gowzer/Danny/Harry but we still seem like we're missing something up top and as though we're not 100% sure of our best 11 or the football we're trying to play. The timing of Yano's departure becomes stranger by the day considering it's taken us over a fortnight to announce his replacement, but whoever it is has maybe more of a job on their hands than first thought. We haven't won a league game at home by more than a single goal in almost a year. Something's got to eventually give.

What’s the Tranent fans , thoughts on the new signings?? And this season’s squad compared to last season’s?? Will it take time to gel/click or is it just not as good?? Have they added the right personnel??

10 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Dropping winnable points at home is becoming our signature in the league and will cost us any sort of challenge up the top end until we rectify it. I know there's goals in Gowzer/Danny/Harry but we still seem like we're missing something up top and as though we're not 100% sure of our best 11 or the football we're trying to play. The timing of Yano's departure becomes stranger by the day considering it's taken us over a fortnight to announce his replacement, but whoever it is has maybe more of a job on their hands than first thought. We haven't won a league game at home by more than a single goal in almost a year. Something's got to eventually give.

I think the club will do there due diligence as regards the appointment of a new manager, the departure of Yano wasn't planned hence the reason that appointing a new gaffer might take them a bit of time.

The clubs home form has been disappointing since Xmas, hopefully the new gaffer might bring us a bit of stability and have the team banging in goals again, as you say players like Gowzer, Danny and Harry all have good goals within them, add in Viola, McGarry, Miller and both the Gray brothers to the mix and hopefully the home record will be a thing of the past.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2024 at 17:31, beachboy said:

I think the club will do there due diligence as regards the appointment of a new manager, the departure of Yano wasn't planned hence the reason that appointing a new gaffer might take them a bit of time.

The clubs home form has been disappointing since Xmas, hopefully the new gaffer might bring us a bit of stability and have the team banging in goals again, as you say players like Gowzer, Danny and Harry all have good goals within them, add in Viola, McGarry, Miller and both the Gray brothers to the mix and hopefully the home record will be a thing of the past.

Lifted the mood around the place a bit with last weekend's win. Definitely needed after the performance against Albion Rovers. I get due diligence re: the new manager, but it's approaching four weeks with an interim. Would be good to at least get some sort of announcement in place rather than a limbo around it.

Celtic B will give a lot of sides a pasting this year. Gap in class was evident. Would write that one off and move on. Doesn't bother me as much as the Berwick and Albion defeats to be honest. Squad does look thin when there's a few absentees. 

On 01/09/2024 at 15:26, Omnishambles said:

Celtic B will give a lot of sides a pasting this year. Gap in class was evident. Would write that one off and move on. Doesn't bother me as much as the Berwick and Albion defeats to be honest. Squad does look thin when there's a few absentees. 

Agreed O, without the likes of Kelby, Rab McIntyre, Scott & Ross Gray, Jake Hutchins, Joe Viola and Danny Handling it was always going to be a tough gig.

Celtic were good though, on to tomorrow night where hopefully a few will be back.

Great to see Daz Smith back at the club alongside Jonny. It seems something of a gamble to get rid of Yano so early on and bring in essentially a novice manager after a month of decent, if unremarkable performances in the interim but Jonny is obviously keen to build a career in the dugout and the club seem to think he's the right option. Hope that's the case anyway. Him and Daz have been proven winners over their career so hopefully they can get the boys firing. Great performance from the boys last night, regardless of how poor Gala looked.

4 hours ago, half wit said:

But can't be Jonny getting the job, we were told it was Robbie Horn 🤷‍♂️

Was a lot of people's (mine included) 'obvious' choice for the job but was apparent pretty early on he wasn't the man for whatever reason. Mystic Meg falls short for once 🤣