Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇫🇮 Finland

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Iceland’s clean sheet wasn’t second nature. England were awful but they missed some great chances.

More positively, Iceland also missed an open goal. England are dreadful at the back.

I did not see Iceland conceding either  the goal or , supposed , penalty we did 

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

16 hours ago, SlayerX said:

At the end of the day:

Two goals, a point (it was a joke, Mr Villager, Sir) and no new injuries that we know of.

Upwards and onwards.

Some clown and Negative Norman will still find something to moan about, though. Like Gordon being given a send off or McTominay not getting on or the grass being 1mm too long.

They will find a way. Oh yes.

It was rather disappointing we threw away a two goal lead due to poor defending and , maybe , substitutions

Posted (edited)

Back to the personnel 

Has Tommy Conway done anything to skip the queue with his performance on Friday?

I think he might just have done enough, and I was hoping Shankland might have risen to the occasion 

He clearly didn’t 

Conway looked sharper and had better movement 

Id expect Adam’s to start but Conway could be a better like for like replacement if that’s what we needed

Edited by MarkoP

39 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

Back to the personnel 

Has Tommy Conway done anything to skip the queue with his performance on Friday?

I think he might just have done enough, and I was hoping Shankland might have risen to the occasion 

He clearly didn’t 

Conway looked sharper and had better movement 

Id expect Adam’s to start but Conway could be a better like for like replacement if that’s what we needed

If Adams is burst after 80 minutes and we’re holding onto a narrow lead, Conway may potentially be the better option.

Shankland if we are chasing a goal.

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Some of the Premier Sports post match stuff.

I am biased as he’s an ex-United player but I’m very chuffed for Robertson.  At one point it was doubtful if he would have a professional career but he’s grasped his opportunities at every stage, worked his way to the highest levels and deserves to be captaining his country at a major tournament.

He also comes across as a very down to earth guy who hasn’t let his status go to his head.

I agree that he's been a great leader on and off the pitch and should be a brilliant role model to many young players. The punting of NFTs was a rare misstep from him, but I suppose we can forgive him one.

Posted (edited)

Andrew Robertson is a credit to himself, his family and his country.

He'll go down as one of Scotland's best captains.

What age was he when he told his friends and family to instead of buying him a birthday gift, to give that money to charity? 21?

He's a class act. He's a brilliant professional, he's one of the best left backs ever to play in England (most assists for a defender) and more importantly, a good person.

It's actually a very likeable squad at the moment.

Edited by SlayerX

6 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

It was rather disappointing we threw away a two goal lead due to poor defending and , maybe , substitutions

True.

The only saving grace that it wasn't a defeat.

5 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

If Adams is burst after 80 minutes and we’re holding onto a narrow lead, Conway may potentially be the better option.

I think the complete opposite, tbh. Part of the collapse late on seemed to come from Conway (then Morgan) pressing wildly rather than intelligently. Iceland found it easier to build attacks from the back.

Likely just as they wanted to make an impression and standing off defenders and blocking lanes doesn't catch the eye though.

On 09/06/2024 at 16:45, RandomGuy. said:

I think the complete opposite, tbh. Part of the collapse late on seemed to come from Conway (then Morgan) pressing wildly rather than intelligently. Iceland found it easier to build attacks from the back.

Likely just as they wanted to make an impression and standing off defenders and blocking lanes doesn't catch the eye though.

To be fair, if we were playing two countries at the same time by the end of the game it's not a surprise we conceded a couple. Icelanders sending their subs to Hampden instead of needing them at Wembley is just typical of these cheating Scandanavians though.