🔵🔴Election Debates 2024 🟡🟠🟢

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

£2,000 more in taxes

Dad was a Toolmaker

Have I missed anything out?

Clear plan

Head of public prosecution

15 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I’m not entirely sure why Starmer is being criticised for his line on the Middle East. Ceasefire, aid, hostages released and a two state solution is surely what everyone wants?

As others have said, he's an opportunist.  He'll put absolutely no pressure on Israel to do anything, indeed last time I looked his plan for two states HAD to have Israel's approval.

He simply wont countenance any criticism of Israel, and he will do nothing to reign in settler expansions etc.

In short he's a Zionist supporting knvt!

aDONis

Posted (edited)

Found that thoroughly depressing. Both uninspiring and difficult to tell who the Labour leader was as both sounded very Tory.

Edited by Jute

29 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I’m not entirely sure why Starmer is being criticised for his line on the Middle East. Ceasefire, aid, hostages released and a two state solution is surely what everyone wants?

Probably because he is an absolute opportunist and had a starting position of believing Israel had the right to cut off electricity and water.

Gone under the radar that he answered yes to the question of using third countries to process asylum seekers too the horrible, horrible c**t. 

He believes in nothing, that pensioner in Liverpool today had him bang on. It's never been clearer that they are Tories in red ties. 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Found that thoroughly depressing. Both uninspiring and difficult to tell who the Labour leader was as both sounded very Tory.

In the good old days Tories used to be out on the right with Labour out on the left.

Nowadays both party leaders are firmly focused on battling for the middle ground as that's what they know will secure victory.

p.s. that was a terrible watch by the way.

4 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Just catching up on this. Sarwar and ACH seem like best pals. All they’re doing is complimenting each other’s criticisms of the SNP at Holyrood and the Tories at Westminster. I realise that there are no Lab-Lib marginals in Scotland but it’s all a bit weird.

Remember in 2010 when the Labour leader started every answer with “I agree with Nick”, then Nick became Deputy PM?

PS: you missed your chance to say “Lib, Lab, Love”

10 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

Remember in 2010 when the Labour leader started every answer with “I agree with Nick”, then Nick became Deputy PM?

PS: you missed your chance to say “Lib, Lab, Love”

Not just Gordon Brown. Both Brown and Cameron were sucking up to Clegg in 2010 because the polls were correctly predicting a hung parliament with the Lib Dem’s having their choice of coalition partner.

The papers this morning must have watched a different debate to me. The Tory press (Mail, Express, etc) talking about Sunak landing knockout blows. 

The £2000 tax is pish and Starmer should have shut it down at the start, not an hour in. 

Sunak is utterly out of touch. 

37 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

All this media talk about Starmer & Sunak fighting for the 'middle ground', don't they mean the 'very close to the far-right ground'?

What was right wing is now the centre unfortunately. You've got the Greens being openly called extremists in Holyrood and Reform getting as many platforms as they want 

It’s a sad sad day when Ian Paisley would be endorsed as a Labour candidate today but Robin Cook would be deselected.

Paisley was a flag sh******, unionist, anti immigration, Brexit supporting bigot, who would probably end up in a Starmer cabinet today. Cook would be branded a left wing antisemite and booted out.

What a grim few years lie ahead under this mob.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

In the good old days Tories used to be out on the right with Labour out on the left.

Nowadays both party leaders are firmly focused on battling for the middle ground as that's what they know will secure victory.

p.s. that was a terrible watch by the way.

Do you honestly think the most far right government we’ve had and a party which had truss, braverman, kwarteng and badenoch in positions of influence with their views can be considered as going after the centre?

7 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

I was hoping someone would say to Sarwar that he would get more votes by going back to his old job as a dentist, than being a kid on MSP.

I was hoping someone would say to him that it's pointless him being there as he'll do whatever Starmer tells him to.