3. Cove

4. Montrose

5. Inverness

6. Arbroath

7. Stenny

8. Dumbarton 

9. Kelty

10. Annan 

Very early, will be better able to judge come end of July!

Aye, far too early the now. Will put in my full prediction after sides have been assembled. Think Alloa could be right up there though. I'll edit my full table in next month. 

10. Annan

1. Alloa (because we are massive)

2. Arbroath 

3. Queen of the South

4. Inverness

5. Montrose

6. Cove

7. Kelty

8. Stenhousemuir 

9. Annan

10. Dumbarton

Edited by LoganAAFC

• 2 weeks later...

By my reckoning (often dodgy tbf) Queens only have 14 signed players and are particularly lacking in terms of forwards. So I've no idea why some folk have us as favourites to win this league. Still too early to tell.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Until I see players coming in to fill out the squad and a couple of games in can't see how this season will pan out

To be fair all squads are probably 4-8 players light of where they will be when the season is fully up and running. Next couple of weeks as training and friendlies ramp up will see movement in the market.

Very early days to be predicting places for me, we seem to have a reasonably strong midfield but look wanting front and back. As for keepers!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Still very early days so I will come back to this after the premier sports cup games but right now for League 1 this season I would go with

1st Queen Of The South 

2nd Alloa

3rd Arbroath

4th Kelty Hearts 

5th Montrose 

6th Cove Rangers 

7th Dumbarton 

8th Stenhousemuir 

9th Annan Athletic 

10th Inverness (no that's not a joke) 

10 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Still very early days so I will come back to this after the premier sports cup games but right now for League 1 this season I would go with

1st Queen Of The South 

2nd Alloa

3rd Arbroath ...

Whilst our squad building looks like an upgrade on last season (not hard, I know) I think it's a stretch to say at this date that there's anything to really differentiate us from Alloa or Arbroath. We're certainly looking a bit short up front just now.

9 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Whilst our squad building looks like an upgrade on last season (not hard, I know) I think it's a stretch to say at this date that there's anything to really differentiate us from Alloa or Arbroath. We're certainly looking a bit short up front just now.

The main reason I've went with QOTS and Alloa to be top 2 currently is that I think Murphy and Graham will get it right in the next 2 months. Some good signings already for QOTS like Kennedy and Lyon would have took both at Accies. It seems like Joe McGlynn has left us and is currently available I think he is someone Murphy should be looking at. With Arbroath I think they're building a decent league 1 squad but I see McIntyre costing them a bit not as badly as Hartley and Ferguson will cost Cove and Inverness though. 

19 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

1st Queen Of The South 

2nd Alloa

3rd Arbroath

4th Kelty Hearts 

5th Montrose 

6th Cove Rangers 

7th Dumbarton 

8th Stenhousemuir 

9th Annan Athletic 

10th Inverness (no that's not a joke) 

Christ 4th would be some finish for us. We're starting to see a squad take shape but still a way to go. 

41 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

My hot takes are for Dumbarton to do better than most predict and Montrose to do worse than most predict.

Do they still do those 'match ups' at the bookies where two similiar strength teams are 5/6 to finish above each other? There used to be sensational value in those.

I think Dumbarton's season could rely on whether or not Ruth is good enough for this level. He's clearly had a sensational season last year but he was honking at Championship level for two sides. This is obviously the inbetween level so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on this season. 

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think Dumbarton's season could rely on whether or not Ruth is good enough for this level. He's clearly had a sensational season last year but he was honking at Championship level for two sides. This is obviously the inbetween level so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on this season. 

He'll do reasonably well. With Dumbarton he held it up well, ran the channels and was a general nuisance. They're traits which transpose quite well to a step up rather than just getting 20+ goals at a lower level.

If he can look good against your Stenhousemuirs, your Spartans, your Peterheads of this world you're a reasobable lower half L1 player at worst.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Christ 4th would be some finish for us. We're starting to see a squad take shape but still a way to go. 

It would be an excellent finish for Kelty the loan market will be vital in your season same with most other part time teams in League 1 can easily make or break the season. Wonder if Kelty will make an attempt to sign Joe McGlynn permanently as well now he's a free agent.