Just How Good Could It Get?

I witnessed such euphoria in 78. 

Some would describe this this as utterly delusional but we on the other hand fcuking BELIEVE the impossible is always possible.

Remember Denmark (1992) and Greece (2004) being written off without a ball getting kicked. 

You’ve got to be in it to win it. 

Perhaps Steve Clarke and his squad just see this as a warmup tournament for the next World Cup?

Why not win both!

I have a dream!!!!!!

On 07/06/2024 at 16:17, Miguel Sanchez said:

Andrew Robertson's face on money by the end of the decade.

Imagine that on £s Sterling.  They would refuse to accept it  in London.  Maybe accept it in Liverpool right enough 😉

4 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Imagine that on £s Sterling.  They would refuse to accept it  in London.  Maybe accept it in Liverpool right enough 😉

If it was Zander Clark's face they would need to manufacture bigger banknotes.

I would assume most people have booked for the group stages - curious if Scotland get out of the group stage, do people plan to extend their stay, fly back out for games or watch on TV?

Edited by GallowayBlue

3 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

I would assume most people have booked for the group stages - curious if Scotland get out of the group stage, do people plan to extend their stay, fly back out for games or watch on TV?

Well I'm only out for the Hungary game as it was the only one I could get a ticket for and we're back home the next day. I have a big meeting at work on the Wednesday also. If we progress, and I can get a ticket, then I would likely fly back out for the last 16. Partly depends on costs and convenience of available flights and hotels though.

Not going back without a ticket though and far from convinced I'd get one (or my son who is lagging one point behind me, and I wouldn't go unless we both go). I'm also not sure how the SSC would plan to sell tickets for any last sixteen game as we'd potentially only have a day or so's notice if we're waiting on a best 3rd place slot. It may be too late to be sure of getting a ticket and still actually get there. Have they said anything yet about potential future round sales?

3 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Fly back the day after the Hungary game and will definitely be out for the second round if we make it

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well I'm only out for the Hungary game as it was the only one I could get a ticket for and we're back home the next day. I have a big meeting at work on the Wednesday also. If we progress, and I can get a ticket, then I would likely fly back out for the last 16. Partly depends on costs and convenience of available flights and hotels though.

Not going back without a ticket though and far from convinced I'd get one (or my son who is lagging one point behind me, and I wouldn't go unless we both go). I'm also not sure how the SSC would plan to sell tickets for any last sixteen game as we'd potentially only have a day or so's notice if we're waiting on a best 3rd place slot. It may be too late to be sure of getting a ticket and still actually get there. Have they said anything yet about potential future round sales?

Worst case scenario we find out night of 26th that we're playing night of 30th. Not much of a window but should be enough with hourly slots to sell tickets, travel arrangements will be more challenging though. Have optimistically booked cancellable accommodation in most cities, I'll be in Europe anyway so *should* be feasible by train. 

1 hour ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Worst case scenario we find out night of 26th that we're playing night of 30th. Not much of a window but should be enough with hourly slots to sell tickets, travel arrangements will be more challenging though. Have optimistically booked cancellable accommodation in most cities, I'll be in Europe anyway so *should* be feasible by train. 

Aye, I'm not sure how easily I'd be able to get back out at that notice without spending an absolute fortune. You're presumably talking an hourly time slot sale on 27th for 5,000 or so tickets. Best hope is to know by late on 27th that you've secured a ticket for a game on night of 30th then? Looking to fly back on 29th and get a couple of night's hotel bookings. Ruling nothing out though other than that I've no real interest in being in Germany for a game ticketless and no real intent of booking stuff in case I do get one.

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Are there any Swiss hooligans? I'm going to the cologne game so need to be aware if so

Yeah mate, they're absolutely cuckoo.

8 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Back home on the 24th, will fly back out if we qualify.