Any potential future international players in WoSFL currently?

In theory not impossible - Vardy in England comes to mind. But reality is if the player is not currently just a teenager, and a stand-out at that, no chance as very few decision-makers in Scottish football the way it’s structured at moment will give any credibility to players not already in or about top league (eg Watson at Killie or Miller at Motherwell).
Whole system assumes you can’t be decent, or a potential top player, if you don’t come from within “pro youth”. My experience is 80% plus of pro youth are effectively jersey fillers even 9sometimes especially) in the minds of their own coaches, there just to ensure the 2 or 3 in any particular age group they rated at 11-12 as potentially good enough can continue to play at so called “elite”level. Massively flawed thinking, and holds us back as a nation especially when the coaching except maybe in 2-3 clubs is nowhere near “pro” and usually with unpaid and minimally qualified coaches doing it as an add-on to their job, using system to get paid through their badges. German and Dutch “pro clubs” - and sadly the English using the huge EPL cash  - do however pay proper qualified coaches (qualified educators as well as “football’ wise) to actually develop technical players, and you can see the difference in their players at 17-18 compared to Scottish boys.

Coaches or scouts reading out there, please take a chance on 17-18 year olds already playing against men and showing they can cut it. Or tell us why it doesn’t happen?

Pro youth only players barely experience any proper competitive element now until 17 or 18, if you’ve watched CAS games they are slow paced like meaningless training games. Don’t understand why scouts aren’t looking for non PY young players and keeping their contacts primed to find them - ok, the data is sketchy, WOSFL site shows only goalscorers and names, no ages or assists or pass completion or possession ratios etc, but surely any proper scouting network could ID potential prospects? Seems they have already written off lower leagues as not worth checking for nuggets.

I mentioned a couple of 17 year olds in Division 4 in a thread on teenage prospects, and asked if anyone knew of any others in Divs 1, 2 and 3 - not much info, so does that mean not many teenagers playing or most still with U20s? If they are playing, and scoring and creating at 17/18/19 against experienced older players, got to be worth a punt higher up the levels?

29 minutes ago, Henry Mearns said:

In theory not impossible - Vardy in England comes to mind. But reality is if the player is not currently just a teenager, and a stand-out at that, no chance as very few decision-makers in Scottish football the way it’s structured at moment will give any credibility to players not already in or about top league (eg Watson at Killie or Miller at Motherwell).
Whole system assumes you can’t be decent, or a potential top player, if you don’t come from within “pro youth”. My experience is 80% plus of pro youth are effectively jersey fillers even 9sometimes especially) in the minds of their own coaches, there just to ensure the 2 or 3 in any particular age group they rated at 11-12 as potentially good enough can continue to play at so called “elite”level. Massively flawed thinking, and holds us back as a nation especially when the coaching except maybe in 2-3 clubs is nowhere near “pro” and usually with unpaid and minimally qualified coaches doing it as an add-on to their job, using system to get paid through their badges. German and Dutch “pro clubs” - and sadly the English using the huge EPL cash  - do however pay proper qualified coaches (qualified educators as well as “football’ wise) to actually develop technical players, and you can see the difference in their players at 17-18 compared to Scottish boys.

Coaches or scouts reading out there, please take a chance on 17-18 year olds already playing against men and showing they can cut it. Or tell us why it doesn’t happen?

Pro youth only players barely experience any proper competitive element now until 17 or 18, if you’ve watched CAS games they are slow paced like meaningless training games. Don’t understand why scouts aren’t looking for non PY young players and keeping their contacts primed to find them - ok, the data is sketchy, WOSFL site shows only goalscorers and names, no ages or assists or pass completion or possession ratios etc, but surely any proper scouting network could ID potential prospects? Seems they have already written off lower leagues as not worth checking for nuggets.

I mentioned a couple of 17 year olds in Division 4 in a thread on teenage prospects, and asked if anyone knew of any others in Divs 1, 2 and 3 - not much info, so does that mean not many teenagers playing or most still with U20s? If they are playing, and scoring and creating at 17/18/19 against experienced older players, got to be worth a punt higher up the levels?

Tbh it was a bit tongue in cheek but agree with all your points there.

2 hours ago, Fabi said:

And Kilwinning 

It is such a long an arduous and unlikely route now to come from our level at WOS to full international but you never know.I suppose spotting a talent overlooked can be done but it’s a big challenge.

in recent times at Lok we maybe came closest with Fraser Wishart/Dougie Arnott .

8 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

It is such a long an arduous and unlikely route now to come from our level at WOS to full international but you never know.I suppose spotting a talent overlooked can be done but it’s a big challenge.

in recent times at Lok we maybe came closest with Fraser Wishart/Dougie Arnott .

Arnott would have been capped in the current era with Scotland struggling for strikers so much. It was far stronger in his Motherwell days.

My own opinion is there will always be late developers in football that slip through the senior net and end up plying their trade in the WOSFL never to be scouted but no doubt had the talent to go much higher and maybe international level if given a chance.
No doubt ever fan on here could pick out players from past teams who were an absolute stand out and could and should have played at a far higher level, and who know then what heights they may have got too. 
I was lucky to have played with and against International players in my stint at senior level before dropping down to the juniors aged 24. And in my junior career I played with and against many players who undoubtedly had the talent to play much higher, but just were never given the chance , or were happy playing at the level they were at . 
Martin McGarvey, ex Arthurlie is one example of that, he was as good as anyone I played with or against in my career and if someone had taken a chance on him who knows where he could have got too. Such a talented footballer and football brain! 

1 minute ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

There are undoubtedly very talented young players in the Wosfl but they are there for a reason and quite often it’s because their attitude fails them. 

Desire, attitude , mentality and commitments is the difference ,as with that then comes the consistency. Because as you go up the leagues in general there is very little difference in terms of skill level but without the first part all the skill in the world won't get you there. 

Just now, Fabi said:

Desire, attitude , mentality and commitments is the difference ,as with that then comes the consistency. Because as you go up the leagues in general there is very little difference in terms of skill level but without the first part all the skill in the world won't get you there. 

Agree with all that. You actually see a lot of technically poorer players playing higher up but they are there because they show most, if not all, of the other aforementioned traits you mention. 

Until Ross Stewart, Gordon Greer was the last to play Junior then proceed to full international honours.

That was a superb Port Glasgow side he played for circa 20 years ago.

The way football is structured now I don’t see any given we are averaging 1 every 10 years since the 80’s.

13 hours ago, Shanner said:

Are Junior international games still a thing?

Think the last game the played was 2017.

Was never anything I took any interest in.

Was basically just a 4 way tournament in the Isle of Man.