Germany - Scotland

Just now, carpetmonster said:

Chiellini’s doing the punditry on Fox which has brought a very small smile to my face 

He must be pulling his scalp off at the defending. 

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Chiellini’s doing the punditry on Fox which has brought a very small smile to my face 

Can only wonder what he makes of Brian Porteous. Like watching a different sport no doubt.

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Spot on, Germany have players on the bench who’d walk into our team. We’ve not been great but they’re levels above us 

Porteous being Porteous aside and Gunn not being great for the goal, I’m not sure what else folk were expecting 

Maybe folk are expecting something even vaguely resembling what Ukraine and Greece managed against them in the last 2 weeks?

We’ve four midfielders grouped closely together and they can barely string a pass together. It’s dreadful.

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

He must be pulling his scalp off at the defending. 

Absolutely scathing as he said “I expected more…”

Out of all the worse case scenarios that could possibly have been drawn up, 3-0 and a man down must be up there as someone up there sticking the two fingers up at us.

Don't get me wrong, we've been completely and utterly architects of our own demise.  Too ponderous when we have the ball, resorting to hoofball and then giving the Germans all the time in the world when they get close to our box has done us in.  A lot of that comes down to the tactics, as midfield has been dreadful (I initially thought dropping Gilmour for Christie made a bit of sense but not the way we've played it) and now we just have to try and limit the damage (some hope!!)

Problem we've got, and continue to face is, that other than one or two who probably would have been shoo-ins if not for injury, we have absolutely feck all coming through, hence why the likes of Porteous and Ralston get picked, why our defence is honking and our goalkeeper situation probably not much better.

Bollocks to it, at this stage I'd fling on Morgan and Conway, if nothing else a bit of pace and youthful enthusiasm might not be a bad thing second period...

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Spot on, Germany have players on the bench who’d walk into our team. We’ve not been great but they’re levels above us 

Porteous being Porteous aside and Gunn not being great for the goal, I’m not sure what else folk were expecting 

Some passion, getting in their faces. Not standing back and getting embarrassed. If we were 3-0 down and had at least tried then so be it. But to be 3-0 and done f**k all is embarrassing. 

Porteous has gone through his entire career making reckless challenges. Pre VAR he got away with many but sadly not now. Playing to keep score down to say 5-0.

Dont deserve the support they get.

Where to begin.

Adams on his own just does not work - just lumping it up and the ball comes straight back.

Narrow midfield giving the Germans all the time in the world to play down the flanks.

Playing way too deep and not getting in their faces - instead it's the opposite.

Midfield not supporting the defence and miles away from the lone Adams.

Gunn, Adams, Christie and Ralston have been poor but our so-called bigger players have shown f**k all leadership on the pitch and are missing - McGinn, McGregor and McTominay very poor with Tierney and Robertson not much better.

Absolutely no-one in that team getting pass marks.

Seems like not starting Gilmour was a mistake, but at least it was a mistake made against Germany.