The Home Guard

Those of us too young, too old, too skint, too hen pecked, too lethargic to sign up for German manoeuvres but whose passion and excitement for Scotland is as great as anyone wandering around Munich in a cheap kilt, how do you plan to get from the fridge to the sofa ? From the bus stop to the pub ? Whether you're a Cpl Jones or Pte Frazer, a Mainwaring or a Pike or even a good old Godfrey, this Euros is just as exciting for Scotland's Home Guard..

Thought of getting a mini fridge for the living room, although ive now trained the bairn to fetch cans and crisps.

Toilet situation is trickier.  Might have to be a pale in the corner of the living room. 

Well heading to Stuttgart next weekend but a 'Home Guardsman' for the first two. Decisions still to be made about how I'm going to watch them.

Tomorrow night depends to an extent on my boy. He's not sure if he's going to watch it with his mates or with me. If he wants to watch with me we'll watch it at home. If he's not coming I'll probably go to the pub. I don't generally like watching football I actually care about in the pub as you never see it as well but I've got a chance to watch it on a big screen with a decent atmosphere on a Friday night so will probably go.

Swiss game will depend on work commitments. I'll not even be back in Dumfries till about 6pm and am likely to have at least an hour's work to deal with. I may end up watching the first half in the office, though I'll try to avoid that if I can as it's via the internet and will have a few seconds time delay. Long enough for phones to start buzzing etc if anything actually does happen. I'll probably not go to the pub for it even if I've time. Home in front of the big telly there if I can.

Shocking the Pie and Bovril's Gifs don't include "we're doomed". Not going due to the Austistic dislike of big crowds and drink. Hence why I spend my time with Kirkcaldy & Dysart and Camelon Juniors (wee teams found etc). Also a tight arse tbf. 

I like watching Scotland games on the tele anyway. Bit of a faff getting away from Hampden so fell out the habit* 

Will be raiding the superb Morrisons Deli counter before Friday night

Spoiler

*I am absolutely still seething and on the verge of tears that I won't be there etc but hey ho.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Thought of getting a mini fridge for the living room, although ive now trained the bairn to fetch cans and crisps.

Toilet situation is trickier.  Might have to be a pale in the corner of the living room. 

Your living room doesn’t have a window?

41 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well heading to Stuttgart next weekend but a 'Home Guardsman' for the first two. Decisions still to be made about how I'm going to watch them.

Tomorrow night depends to an extent on my boy. He's not sure if he's going to watch it with his mates or with me. If he wants to watch with me we'll watch it at home. If he's not coming I'll probably go to the pub. I don't generally like watching football I actually care about in the pub as you never see it as well but I've got a chance to watch it on a big screen with a decent atmosphere on a Friday night so will probably go.

Swiss game will depend on work commitments. I'll not even be back in Dumfries till about 6pm and am likely to have at least an hour's work to deal with. I may end up watching the first half in the office, though I'll try to avoid that if I can as it's via the internet and will have a few seconds time delay. Long enough for phones to start buzzing etc if anything actually does happen. I'll probably not go to the pub for it even if I've time. Home in front of the big telly there if I can.

Haud on, is this allowed? Your either homeguard or on manoeuvre's surely.

Fine you can stay till next week but then it’s gtf.

Watching tomorrow's game at the East End Park fanzone, which is now sold out. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Will be in Germany next week for the Switzerland game (no tickets sadly, so most likely a fan park).

Will be home for the Hungary game. Considering the Riverside Fan Park in Dundee but they're refusing to release drinks prices, even though the first one is tomorrow, which makes me think said prices will be ludicrous. Will see what folk are saying about it after tomorrow. Otherwise I suppose I'll try a pub for it.

17 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Haud on, is this allowed? Your either homeguard or on manoeuvre's surely.

Fine you can stay till next week but then it’s gtf.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Watching tomorrow's game at the East End Park fanzone, which is now sold out. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Will be in Germany next week for the Switzerland game (no tickets sadly, so most likely a fan park).

Will be home for the Hungary game. Considering the Riverside Fan Park in Dundee but they're refusing to release drinks prices, even though the first one is tomorrow, which makes me think said prices will be ludicrous. Will see what folk are saying about it after tomorrow. Otherwise I suppose I'll try a pub for it.

Not another one. Right you’re in here till next week then it’s gtf. And you don’t get back in for the Hungary game. You only get into the homeguard once..

IMG_6056.jpeg.d5199a934755dd14b11076b5228b8485.jpeg

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

IRVINE, CA - MAY 25, 2014: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale bottle in a bucket of  ice. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. was established in 1980 by homebrewers in  Chico Stock Photo - Alamy

Pale Ale in a Pail.

Pub straight after work tomorrow for the opener is the easy one.

I'll be driving down south on Wednesday and have given the missus a very good reason why we need to leave early - I'll be grumpy if I miss the game. Worst case I'll sit and watch it on the laptop/TV in the hotel room but most likely wander round to one of the nearby pubs to catch it.

Similarly the drive back up is on the Sunday so again I'll be making sure we're back early enough for me to sit my arse on the couch in time for kick off.

Rest of our route to the final I'll probably watch in the pub.