The Home Guard

kennie makevin

5 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Pub with a few of my pals tomorrow, then will probably be at home for the other 2. Anything past that is anyone's guess!

After we're out I'm watching nothing until England also are out. Call me Neanderthal, just being honest.

Ideally, they go out before we do...

Will be watching at home with plenty of Tennent’s flowing from the perfect draft machine I’ve got.

Been watching the old matches on iPlayer that they uploaded this week - time is still dragging though, cannot wait for it all to get started.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well heading to Stuttgart next weekend but a 'Home Guardsman' for the first two. Decisions still to be made about how I'm going to watch them.

Tomorrow night depends to an extent on my boy. He's not sure if he's going to watch it with his mates or with me. If he wants to watch with me we'll watch it at home. If he's not coming I'll probably go to the pub. I don't generally like watching football I actually care about in the pub as you never see it as well but I've got a chance to watch it on a big screen with a decent atmosphere on a Friday night so will probably go.

Swiss game will depend on work commitments. I'll not even be back in Dumfries till about 6pm and am likely to have at least an hour's work to deal with. I may end up watching the first half in the office, though I'll try to avoid that if I can as it's via the internet and will have a few seconds time delay. Long enough for phones to start buzzing etc if anything actually does happen. I'll probably not go to the pub for it even if I've time. Home in front of the big telly there if I can.

I'd rather watch it in the house, but an unfortunate side effect of qualifying, is non-football supporters getting involved. So we're going to the pub with other couples. My wife likes the anthems and the "atmosphere". Some of the others have less interest than that. I can hear it all now and wish I was man enough to refuse to go.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'd rather watch it in the house, but an unfortunate side effect of qualifying, is non-football supporters getting involved. So we're going to the pub with other couples. My wife likes the anthems and the "atmosphere". Some of the others have less interest than that. I can hear it all now and wish I was man enough to refuse to go.

Had such an offer, but turned it down in order to fall out with my son at home instead.

Just in the gaff myself with a few tins as I'm working on Saturday. Wiill be burst if we win right enough. No plans as yet for the Switzerland and Hungary games.

Edited by superwell87
Will not be working during any of the games.

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

f**k that.

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I would be watching the game in the City Club but they've got a UB40 tribute band on tomorrow night :blink:

So it's the Bools Club for us 

you could have sat enjoying a glass of red, red wine. 

Meeting pals at the pub for this one, taking my teenage sons along as well. Left it too late to book a table for food in the pub we are watching the game, so we are at one pub for food before heading to the next one for the game and a few drinks. In York for Wednesdays game, then my brothers bar in the back garden with my sons and nephew for the Hungary game.

2 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Is anyone else’s fridge making strange noises? Sounds like someone calling my name….

Mine started doing that a few minutes ago when I put the tins in.