Germany v Scotland

9 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

It all starts with youth development.

When Rangers were relegated down the leagues, the SPL had a chance to abolish the hated 11-1 voting system.

If that system was abolished then it would be easier to vote in the three foreigner rule and any major changes.

Thanks to Aberdeen with "being 2nd best team in Scotland" thing going to their head, they took the place of Rangers and sided with Celtic to shoot down any chance of their being meaningful chance at the top end of Scottish football. 

The SPL should be 18 teams and their should be a three foreigner rule. The sooner Scottish teams (particularly the Old Firm) are forced to play their kids, the better.

There's no point of having pperformance schools if the kids have no clear pathway to first team football.

The reason Wilson, Doak and Gilmour left the Old Firm is because they couldn't see a pathway. All they saw was the Old Firm spending millions on average foreigners.

Ben Doak multiplied his salary 15x over and was offered the chance to train every day with some of the best players on the planet under one of the best coaches on the planet - with facilities barely any club can match. There was f**k all Celtic could do there. It’s the reality of where we are in the food chain. If clubs like that come in they’re off, and they’d be daft to turn it down.

Also FWIW he was flung on in a high pressure moment chasing a winner in a vital game, and then came on against Rangers the next again week at the age of 16. He’d have had a pathway no bother.

Edited by Fratelli

1 minute ago, ekok said:

Seriously that's your comeback !

Yes, I've been dealing with mugs like yourself all day in between trying to re-watch bits of last nights game to figure out what went wrong.

48 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It helped one of the issues we had. I was addressing the point raised that he did nothing. He did something and it had some effect. No matter what we did the German team was always going have a competitive advantage over us given the difference in quality of players. He was actually trying to sort something before the first goal, but I'm not sure what that was so I can't say anything beyond that.

You can see him at the bottom right of this GIF trying to get a message across to the players seconds before they scored. He wasn't just sitting there doing f**k all.

GERSCO.gif.06faf823e50f5c2789e331f890de6d3e.gif

Nothing to do with your point but it’s pretty sobering stuff to see McTominay just watch Kroos pick up the ball in space and whip a ball right across the pitch with no pressure at all

4 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Ben Doak multiplied his salary 15x over and was offered the chance to train every day with some of the best players on the planet under one of the best coaches on the planet - with facilities barely any club can match. There was f**k all Celtic could do there. It’s the reality of where we are in the food chain. If clubs like that come in they’re off, and they’d be daft to turn it down.

Also FWIW he was flung on in a high pressure moment chasing a winner in a vital game, and then came on against Rangers the next again week at the age of 16. He’d have had a pathway no bother.

To an extent, but if clubs can show that there is a pathway for them and show how game time with them is more likely to lead to better outcomes for them than disappearing into the English Academy system then there is a far better chance of retaining these players. 

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

Yes, I've been dealing with mugs like yourself all day in between trying to re-watch bits of last nights game to figure out what went wrong.

I can honestly say I have never read so much nonsense from anyone,  hope you can pass your post match analysis to Steve ahead of game on Wednesday.  By the way the disrespectful mug comment is a total giveaway,  mate

34 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's right in front of you, on your screen. It's there if you know what to look for. Lot's of people will watch a game and just follow the ball, but there's a lot going on during a game. Others just are only watching to be entertained and pay no attention to the detail. Harder to see on TV than when at the game.

Fortunately so few pay attention to these kind of things it's easy to correct them when they hit out with crap. It also makes it obvious who are the posters worth listening to when it comes to discussions around tactics or all that crap.

As I said, I don't claim any expertise, I got the gist of what went wrong. However, I think with the right tactics we'd still have got humped.

For e very tactician, like yourself, there is an alternative view.

I have a fairly simplistic view, Germany were better than us.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

The basic game plan as a concept was fine: To defend deep and counter and not get caught playing football in our own third. That's the only point I'm trying to make here. We did that against Spain and Norway and it was okay.

The execution wasn't good in any respect. The press didn't function, We didn't counter well, We turned the ball over often and in bad areas and the ball didn't stick when we played over the top. On top of that we make a few errors which is normal with a team playing above their level and when we tried to break their press it was clunky.

It was execution and not the general game plan that let us down. If you want to put that on the manager, go right ahead. The game was over before it started. We didn't have time to pick moments to press etc. It was just a bad day at the office for everyone. No-one is happy with what played out.

You keep saying about the spain and norway game when scotland had a completely different type of leading front man on the pitch who could get you up the park 

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

As I said, I don't claim any expertise, I got the gist of what went wrong. However, I think with the right tactics we'd still have got humped.

For e very tactician, like yourself, there is an alternative view.

I have a fairly simplistic view, Germany were better than us.

I'm not pretending to be a tactician or telling Clarke what he should be doing and I agree with you're overall take. They played better on the night and we didn't perform. I just don't like when I see posters making comments which are obviously not true. After a defeat like this the forum is terrible for that.

24 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

It all starts with youth development.

When Rangers were relegated down the leagues, the SPL had a chance to abolish the hated 11-1 voting system.

If that system was abolished then it would be easier to vote in the three foreigner rule and any major changes.

Thanks to Aberdeen with "being 2nd best team in Scotland" thing going to their head, they took the place of Rangers and sided with Celtic to shoot down any chance of their being meaningful chance at the top end of Scottish football. 

The SPL should be 18 teams and their should be a three foreigner rule. The sooner Scottish teams (particularly the Old Firm) are forced to play their kids, the better.

There's no point of having pperformance schools if the kids have no clear pathway to first team football.

The reason Wilson, Doak and Gilmour left the Old Firm is because they couldn't see a pathway. All they saw was the Old Firm spending millions on average foreigners.

You think gilmour left rangers because he never seen a pathway, and signed for a club thats famous for getting cheap youths, loaning them out to make money before moving them on, because he thought chelsea offered a pathway to their first team 🤣

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

You keep saying about the spain and norway game when scotland had a completely different type of leading front man on the pitch who could get you up the park 

Yeah, Adams wasn't good in that role. I don't disagree, but maybe everything else made it obvious that this was the best chance of getting a result. I don't know. I've been very clear in that the concept of defend deep and counter isn't in itself a bad idea. Just the execution was lacking.

The reason I didn't raise it was because away to Spain Dykes was pretty hopeless in the air too. If he's having a good game he'll hold the ball up 50% of the time. It was more the midfielders I was looking to secure possession after it dropped as a 2nd ball.

Edited by 2426255

I'm not pretending to be a tactician or telling Clarke what he should be doing and I agree with you're overall take. They played better on the night and we didn't perform. I just don't like when I see posters making comments which are obviously not true. After a defeat like this the forum is terrible for that.

Aye, it's a bit like Christmas drinkers, no sign of them all year, then they're all out for the big event.

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

If it makes you unhappy just log out and stop posting for a few years. 

Yeah, Adams wasn't good in that role. I don't disagree, but maybe everything else made it obvious that this was the best chance of getting a result. I don't know. I've been very clear in that the concept of defend deep and counter isn't in itself a bad idea. Just the execution was lacking.

Well if you don't have the players to play a system why play the system, 

So tactically clarke got it wrong 

1 minute ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

If it makes you unhappy just log out and stop posting for a few years. 

Because that would make you happy and we can't have that can we. 😉 You've never liked me since I've made you look like a tit for posting a few wild views. That was enjoyable.

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

You think gilmour left rangers because he never seen a pathway, and signed for a club thats famous for getting cheap youths, loaning them out to make money before moving them on, because he thought chelsea offered a pathway to their first team 🤣

Gilmour said that was part of his decision to leave. Murty left him out of a cup squad or something and he decided to go.