Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

A draw the right result, great stuff from the Tartan Army. Not confident about anything and we need to cut out the errors, but hey, I need to go and lie down now. And I don't drink.

He's been OK but I'm wondering why Dandruff-boy is studio-punting. Though I'm surprised the BBC allowed both Rachel and Moyes on the panel. Points of View will be full of moans about their accents and Faddy's.

3 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Well, you've answered your own point. The performance was night and day from the Germany game.

The manager and players will be happy with their efforts.

Anything would have been an improvement from the Germany game. Nothing wrong with our effort, not arguing that.

8 minutes ago, PJ70 said:

We had a gift of a goal. The defender volleyed it out of the goalkeeper's hands.  

All the more reason to no give anything away. Maybe look before you just aimlessly fire the ball inside to where you think the center back is. Absolute fucking gift. A well taken gift but needlesly laid on a plate.

Much much better effort this time, but we just don't have the manpower to put these games to bed. Not buying this '1 point is fine' pish either, total loser mentality we need to shake.

Robertson and McTominay carry our chances so hard its ridiculous. Need much more out of McGinn and McGregor.

Just now, Spyro said:

Not winning that WILL come back to bite us. Absolute wasted 2 points

This. Would be typical Scotland. Too little, too late, brave defeat etc...

Ralston and Hanely should be on the next plane home.

Normally would have been delighted with a point, but actually really annoyed in the grand scheme of things.  Game was there for the taking but a really brutal error, and at times an over-cautious approach, sees us now having to rely on a win against Hungary when we could have been going in there with confidence and belief.

Gonna hate saying this, but Ralston latterly got slightly better (from a bar that was sitting below sea level admittedly) but I'd be punting him for the last game as teams clearly know the area to target.  I'd also either ditch Adams or give him some proper support up front as that's two games running he's looked isolated/completely out of the game.  Actually looked like he dropped into an attacking midfield position latterly with McTominay up front, although might have been my eyes deceiving me.

We're still in it, but unless we sort out some of the defensive fragility, which will be more apparent when the inevitable comes v Hungary and we actually need to go for it, and also need to sort out midfield options (would be tempted to punt McGregor, two games in a row he's been well below par)

Stuck in two minds here:

1) Job done, bring on Hungary. 

2) if this were the 'normal' rules we'd realistically be out already like every other Euro / WC group stage we've always used as a benchmark.

Edited by Hedgecutter

7 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Who's the wee stunner in the studio?

Rachel Corsie from Aberdeen and a Dons supporter. She is engaged to Lisa Aitken the Scottish International squash player. Her great grandfather was a Dons stalwart back in the day.

Tony Ralston is full on viewing of how the level of footballers in Scotland is regressing, im Not even joking when I say I’ve seen many better right backs in the junior game than him over the years he looks like he won a lottery to represent Scotland for the euros

If only Hanleys header hadn't hit the post, fine margins indeed, but we're not playing nearly good enough and this back pass for a corner and other needless mistakes will end up being our downfall if they happen against Hungary