New strips 24/25

7 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Is that Kelty away kit not too much of a clash with Arboath?

We'll probably mix and match.  Kelty will go all white, we'll go all maroon, or something like that.  Its happened on a few occasions.

Either that or we have another charity third kit like we've done for the last two seasons, but I don't know if we're still big time enough for that! 

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

We'll probably mix and match.  Kelty will go all white, we'll go all maroon, or something like that.  Its happened on a few occasions.

Either that or we have another charity third kit like we've done for the last two seasons, but I don't know if we're still big time enough for that! 

Im sure but it irrationally annoys me because it's a rule that clubs have to have kits that are distinguishable from the home teams kit and the league don't enforce it and home teams don't stand their ground.

Even with maroon v white the sleeve clash doesn't seem ideal.

Celtic have been particularly egregious for this in recent years 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Im sure but it irrationally annoys me because it's a rule that clubs have to have kits that are distinguishable from the home teams kit and the league don't enforce it and home teams don't stand their ground.

Celtic have been particularly egregious for this in recent years 

I know what you mean, it really gets on my wick when clubs like Celtic have a green and white home kit, a white and green away kit, and a green with some white third kit!  

There's three of us maroon teams down here now, which is a new situation.  If we've still got our blue and yellow third kit (or we launch a new one), then I suspect it will be seeing some action.

If there's a colour clash between the home teams strip and the visitors away strip would it no be sensible for the away team to just wear their normal home kit. I get that it's maybe a commercial benefit to have a dedicated home, away, and possibly 3rd kit, but if your 1st choice colours don't clash there's surely no need to change.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If there's a colour clash between the home teams strip and the visitors away strip would it no be sensible for the away team to just wear their normal home kit. I get that it's maybe a commercial benefit to have a dedicated home, away, and possibly 3rd kit, but if your 1st choice colours don't clash there's surely no need to change.

Keltys home and away tops clash with both Arbroath and Stenny. Wearing either of them away at these clubs will be an issue. 

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Keltys home and away tops clash with both Arbroath and Stenny. Wearing either of them away at these clubs will be an issue. 

School PE rules apply then: Skins v Shirts

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Stenny are normally decent at lending you one of their kits if you don't turn up with the appropriate strip...😂

Screenshot_20240701_195511_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2024 at 21:16, ExiledLichtie said:

On 30/06/2024 at 23:33, invergowrie arab said:

Referees will generally insist on both clubs having different coloured sleeves so they can tell in a situation where an arm goes up in the box which team has handled instantly.

Was a real problem a few years ago when we had three kits and all three of them clashed with Raith's home one. Raith had to wear their "Remember" kit at home on a couple of occasions against us as a result.

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The lighting is a bit dark to screenshot the reveal video but I think it looks even better when you see the full kit. 

Video below FWIW. 

https://x.com/OfficialQosFC/status/1811671845181227172

I still like ours better (obviously biased) with the wee Arbroath tartan up and down the sides but this is nice. Very easy to make a nice kit but sometimes suppliers don’t half make it look difficult. Just keep it simple and tidy with a few small touches

Tidy number from Queens

• 2 weeks later...