Round of 16 thread

JS_FFC

4 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Am I the only one enjoying this? Belgium v France was sh*te because it they've both got world class players who should be doing much better.

Always here for a minnow holding off a much stronger team though, however poor quality the football has been.

I think there's no doubt that several of the less fancied nations have come out of it with great credit but it's not doing much for the entertainment value. 

You know, a bald fraud in charge of a major international team is a little like the mule with the spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it and danged if he knows how to use it.

4 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

"It's Jude Bellingham time"

WTF?!

Did they just say that on BBC telly? Thankfully, I have 5live sync on if they did.

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Man, Ronaldo is so far past it that it's becoming a bit sad. Unfortunately because he's CR7 he's undroppable 

He’s become a circus act. A curiosity.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Other than Oblak and Sesko, I'm not sure there's many Slovenia players who'd get into our team on paper.

On the field, however, based on their performances and ours, I'd be naming 11 Slovenian's in a joint squad and they've got half the population we do.

Get their manager in. 

Aye I was thinking that Slovenia's first half reminded me of us a year ago. Same discipline and bite with a good counter attacking threat. 

Anyway. Ronaldo makes every team he plays in worse, it's why no champions league team wanted him and he can now be found "growing the game" in Saudi. Portugal have been fucking boring all tournament, but it's mainly as their last line of attack is an expensively coiffed traffic cone.