Round of 16 thread

JS_FFC

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The rule with the Czech one isn't the same as for that decision - any touch on the hand from the goalscorer is always a foul, deliberate or not. A terrible rule, but it's black and white with no room for interpretation.

I didn't claim it was the exact same rule - they are within the same category of 'utter horseshit, modern hand ball rules' though. 

It's that entire category needs swept away with instead of certain clowns - not yourself btw - insisting that As It Is A Rule the Czech handball was therefore correct in a sporting contest. Both that outcome and the penalty this evening are incorrect from any rational sporting perspective. They are the product of crap rules and a moronic insistence that litigation is better than interpretation.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

This is happening more and more and the “ref analysts” always defend it. Apparently a Portugal attacker being taken out in the box the other night wasn’t a penalty because the ball was 10 yards away. It’s fucking nonsense.

Oliver seemed to be saying he wasn't giving it because he'd played advantage, which makes zero sense.

If you foul someone in the penalty area off the ball immediately before the player with the ball shoots and doesn't score then it should be a penalty.

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

Now, you could argue that if you can’t see a touch (or evidence of it, such as the ball obviously changing direction) then it shouldn’t be a penalty. Which is probably fair enough.

This is it for me. If there’s no obvious touch of the ball by a player’s hand, or no change of direction of the ball, then there’s been no advantage and no foul.

Get your snickometer balls to f**k adidas.

Defence caught napping there. Great ball and goal. 

Am I being a bit harsh in thinking the goalie should be coming for that? Might not have made it right enough. 

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s a shame that I was probably wanting Germany to win this and now with VAR I’m just annoyed for Denmark.

That's where I am too.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Oliver seemed to be saying he wasn't giving it because he'd played advantage, which makes zero sense.

If you foul someone in the penalty area off the ball immediately before the player with the ball shoots and doesn't score then it should be a penalty.

Wasn't in the box though. Free kick at best.

Just now, DrewDon said:

These nets, and the way the ball hits them, have a real Pro Evolution Soccer feel about them. 

PES always had better net animations for me. Fifas always felt lifeless in comparison. Especially in the PS2 era. 

That VAR can give that as a penalty tonight and not even be referred to when Ronaldo had his shirt stretched to breaking point the other night shows how detached from common sense and reality the game has now become.

Musiala used to play in England for anybody that didn't know.