24th out of 24

25 minutes ago, George Parr said:

But as long as the “tartan army” had a lovely time in a square…

You know that literally nobody says or thinks that, right? Including and especially those who were in the squares?

I mentioned this elsewhere but do the national team have any sports psychologists? Can’t see anything on the SFA website. Easy to find for other national teams.

Robertsons comments about being boys being scared of Germany or whatever were remarkable for a top 5 league and champions league winning professional sportsman. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I mentioned this elsewhere but do the national team have any sports psychologists? Can’t see anything on the SFA website. Easy to find for other national teams.

Robertsons comments about being boys being scared of Germany or whatever were remarkable for a top 5 league and champions league winning professional sportsman. 

They will do. 

They'll have a consultant that will come with the team for a few weeks I believe. What scope they're given is another discussion.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You know that literally nobody says or thinks that, right? Including and especially those who were in the squares?

Bang on.   I was there for all 3 games and had a great trip but me and the folk I was with were fizzing at the first and last performances.  Ludicrous to suggest making the most of a major finals is some sort of issue. 

38 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

3) Even if players come through, the limit of their ambition is join Rangers or Celtic and rot on the bench or go to England. We should have absolutely no shame in producing a plan to get boys 100 games and get them sold to the likes of Italy, France, Germany and Spain to help players become more rounded. We should be looking for players to become more rounded to develop in high quality leagues with better tactical minds who can educate them and bring them on in ways the UK game can't.

This. Where would Hickey and Ferguson be now without the intervention of Bologna? It would be hard to track down now, but that fraud Levein actually suggested on Sportsound a few years back that Hickey's potential was limited. We haven't even got coaches in this country that have a basic recognition for actual talent and how to develop it.

53 minutes ago, George Parr said:

But as long as the “tartan army” had a lovely time in a square…

Do you think the national team would have performed better if its fans had sat at home biting their nails and dreading the games? 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

If all 24 teams were put in a big league table Scotland would be 24th, with 1 point and a goal difference of -5. 

If our goal was not to finish 24th from 24 then we could have probably held on for the draw against Hungary to lift us up to 21st. What difference does it make if you finish 19th, 21st or 24th? You're still out of the competition. 

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

If our goal was not to finish 24th from 24 then we could have probably held on for the draw against Hungary to lift us up to 21st. What difference does it make if you finish 19th, 21st or 24th? You're still out of the competition. 

Are you like a sort of football Jordan Peterson, Mr Numbers?

56 minutes ago, ogoftheskye said:

This. Where would Hickey and Ferguson be now without the intervention of Bologna? It would be hard to track down now, but that fraud Levein actually suggested on Sportsound a few years back that Hickey's potential was limited. We haven't even got coaches in this country that have a basic recognition for actual talent and how to develop it.

The number of coaches, managers. Etc who passed on Andy Robertson at various stages of his career is as tragic as it is hilarious.

We really do have a bunch of chimps at the wheel in this country.

49 minutes ago, ogoftheskye said:

Are you like a sort of football Jordan Peterson, Mr Numbers?

No. It makes no difference if we finish 19th, 21st or 24th. We're still out of the tournament. I don't remember finishing 22nd being used to soften criticism after Euro-2020, happy to be corrected if it was.

If that was important then we'd probably have tried and succeeded to hold on for a point against Hungary. The reason we didn't try that is because it makes no difference whether we finish 19th, 21st or 24th. 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I'm pretty sure he said the same thing when we got humped by Russia a few years ago. I don't think he should be captain.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, allyo said:

Don't know what you're complaining about. We scored over a goal more than expected.

It’s a good point this. We actually carried a lot of fortune in our three games. We scored two of the freakiest goals of the tournament. The only clear cut chance we created in three games was Hanley hitting the post from a set piece. 
Our opponents hit the bar, hit the post and had, was it three goals disallowed for marginal offsides? Gunn must have made four or five very good saves too. 

Edited by Lex

7 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Do you think the national team would have performed better if its fans had sat at home biting their nails and dreading the games? 

No. 

But I think it would be helpful if our drunkard support could lose the "just happy to be here for the party" mentality and be even marginally more demanding and critical in real-time of a team that feels comfortable enough to skoosh through entire matches without creating a shot on target.

44 minutes ago, George Parr said:

No. 

But I think it would be helpful if our drunkard support could lose the "just happy to be here for the party" mentality and be even marginally more demanding and critical in real-time of a team that feels comfortable enough to skoosh through entire matches without creating a shot on target.

Sorry but that post is just nonsense.

I like others on here was over in Germany and I like others that were there are fuming with the performance. 

For many that trip to Germany was also a holiday. Do you expect people to just mope around every other day and not enjoy their stay there?  Not ever fan is a drunkard, was drunk or did even drink.

managers and players of clubs and nations talk about the support and the noise from their supporters to sometimes get the team going (the old the team need to score to get the crowd going and the crowd need to make noise to get the team going) 

Scotland fans man, woman and child gave their everything at every game right from the very start and were also critical 

How dare they then enjoy a beer, juice and bite to eat when there isn't a game on eh? 

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit