Scottish Premiership Fixtures 24/25

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Back to the tediously predictable, mind numbingly dull sectarian shite stuff you mean ?  International football is the real deal. The only deal.

Feel free to keep your posts confined to the International Football sub-forum then.

53 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

At least Dundee fans will get to see the team they're most obsessed by in week 1 of the season. It'll be nice for them. 

You’re right, we will. And week 2, 3, 4,…,38.

You really should have thought that one through. 

Ach, let's give the wee team the extra guaranteed derby, they'll need all the help they can get for Goodwin's payoff fund...

Any idea why we are playing Hearts at 5:30 on the second weekend? Another ill-fated attempt to woo the US audience???

6 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Ach, let's give the wee team the extra guaranteed derby, they'll need all the help they can get for Goodwin's payoff fund...

Any idea why we are playing Hearts at 5:30 on the second weekend? Another ill-fated attempt to woo the US audience???

Live on Premier Sports. 

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Just looked at the fixtures there. What an absolute shitshow of match-ups that is. There's nothing to get even remotely excited about.

WCW in 2000 levels of booking here IMO.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

At least Dundee fans will get to see the team they're most obsessed by in week 1 of the season. It'll be nice for them. 

Pot, kettle.

Obviously this could backfire, but Rangers at home on the first day of the season is a decent start. 

On the whole making an event of it thing, feels like an opportunity missed having the Edinburgh derby on Boxing Day and the two other city derbies at new year. 

Just seen the fixtures.

In theory I was fine swapping a fixture with Rangers but the game that would be swapped back is our home game in the festive period which means we surely can't  agree.

• 26 Dec Celtic A
  • 29 Dec Rangers
  • 2 Jan Hearts A

If that second game vs Rangers was in Late November or even early December then I wouldn't care but no home fixtures over Christmas is a step too far.

So I guess it is Hampden/Murrayfield or Postponed

If Rangers cannot play their games on the specified fixture dates either at Ibrox or a mutually agreed alternative venue then their opponents should be awarded a 3-0 win.

Hardly the fault of the league or the opposing clubs that Rangers are using cheap materials from Asia instead of buying British.

They make plenty of noise about being British.

25 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

If Rangers cannot play their games on the specified fixture dates either at Ibrox or a mutually agreed alternative venue then their opponents should be awarded a 3-0 win.

Hardly the fault of the league or the opposing clubs that Rangers are using cheap materials from Asia instead of buying British.

They make plenty of noise about being British.

You probably dont need to go that far back to find Rangers fans saying if a team cant get a game on it should be a walkover too.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Two of the games are always going to be on the Sunday for Europe anyway, so you're getting into "what's the point" territory after that surely. I'd say it's the best weekend to have quite a few games on TV, because fans will typically go to the first game anyway, and it means you get to promote most of the clubs and hopefully build up a bit of buzz.

Unrelated but I'm assuming you're the person most likely to know- any idea why some of the fixtures have flipped this year and some haven't? I.e we're at home to Ross County, Celtic and St Mirren (and away to Rangers and St Johnstone) in the first round of fixtures for the second season in a row. I had it in my head that they reverse every season.

7 hours ago, The Master said:

Dundee Utd having two guaranteed home derbies in 8 out of the last 10 seasons we’ve been in the same league doesn’t feel right.

They always seem to alternate the Glasgow derbies, even though they’re both guaranteed 2 each.

They only care about 2 clubs.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Unrelated but I'm assuming you're the person most likely to know- any idea why some of the fixtures have flipped this year and some haven't? I.e we're at home to Ross County, Celtic and St Mirren (and away to Rangers and St Johnstone) in the first round of fixtures for the second season in a row. I had it in my head that they reverse every season.

I assume they can't always reverse everything whilst also meeting all the other criteria they need to.

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Usual complaint from me, in that there is usually many p-p games during the winter - why no midweek games in the so called professional league ? Not to worry, slowly sorting my holiday Aug 3-10 staying in Aberdeen.

Not sure what the issue is here. The Premiership has midweek rounds in October, November, and March. Championship in October and February, as they'll play more Saturday cup ties than the L1 and L2 teams.

Lower leagues don't generally need them as there are only 36 games, and with most teams being part time it would be a needless pain in the arse for the clubs as well as supporters. You always end up with some shifted in after cup ties get league games moved, or there are postponments. But actually scheduling them would be pointless.

I think two rounds of the SPFL Trust trophy are midweek.

Edited by DoingThe42