Fort William

Aqy

16 hours ago, Spyro said:

Is our friend Trew still there? 

He left a couple of years ago I believe.

Was down in Fife the other day for work and went out to sample the local pubs. Bumbed into this weird guy called scott. Smelled like he had a buttery with shite on it for breakfast but seemingly INK about a new managerial appointment. Saying some hot shot coach is taking over from down that neck of the woods??? Can anyone confirm?? Or did this bozo have to many bacardi breezers🤣🤣🍻🍻💪

19 minutes ago, conza25 said:

Thread on the upcoming 23/24 season for Fort William 

I predict they'll finish 5th in the NCL, be unable to compete their fixtures and be spanked out the Scottish cup by Clydebank.

where do I claim my prize?

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Their nomadic ex-manager has reappeared.

It's worse than we thought!!

Wigan to will be without a keeper shortly or that's what they will be saying, also wonder if he calls Shaun "the gaffer"

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

They finally have a new manager

Fife Sunday Amateur League to Fort William. Is this guy's career on an upward or downward trajectory?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Noticed they've scratched this midweek's NofS Cup R1 tie at 48hrs notice (it had previously been reversed to Lossiemouth due to Claggan Park's floodlights still being inoperative).

And they have a licence ? 

Just as bad as Clyde being awarded a silver licence 🤣

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

And they have a licence ?

They do.

Statement blames registration delays (SFA's new COMET IT system) which is odd given it hasn't stopped anybody else in this cup or any other league... unless Fort left theirs to the last minute of course - but even then submitting over the weekend would've left 3 working days.

Plus they stripped 16 players in Saturday's league opener, of whom presumably only a few could be trialists.

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

They do.

Statement blames registration delays (SFA's new COMET IT system) which is odd given it hasn't stopped anybody else in this cup or any other league... unless Fort left theirs to the last minute of course - but even then submitting over the weekend would've left 3 working days.

Plus they stripped 16 players in Saturday's league opener, of whom presumably only a few could be trialists.

I presume the NCL is less strict on trialists than the NCFA run North Cup. Fort pulled out of the North Cup before when they were in the Highland League because they weren't allowed to field trialists 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I presume the NCL is less strict on trialists than the NCFA run North Cup. Fort pulled out of the North Cup before when they were in the Highland League because they weren't allowed to field trialists 

The NCFA doesn't run the North of Scotland Cup, it's the North of Scotland FA, a separate association.

Edited by Cyclizine

45 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

The NCFA doesn't run the North of Scotland Cup, it's the North of Scotland FA, a separate association.

I thought the NCFA was an independent organisation who run the North of Scotland Cup and have some direct jurisdiction over the NCL, rather than the NSFA which is a regional element of the SFA. I could well be wrong though, neither organisation seem to do very much or publicise their activities in any way.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I thought the NCFA was an independent organisation who run the North of Scotland Cup and have some direct jurisdiction over the NCL, rather than the NSFA which is a regional element of the SFA. I could well be wrong though, neither organisation seem to do very much or publicise their activities in any way.

The North Caley FA runs the league and its myriad of cups. The North of Scotland FA is the regional FA and organises the North of Scotland Cup (and previously the eponymous U21 league). I think they looked after the Inverness Cup as well when it existed.@NiallFH is yer man in the know! It is confusing.

Edited by Cyclizine