What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

41 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Ed Davey blaming the SNP now, what a fucking irrelevant walloper - he is a complete dick as well, esp after Hoyle has had to come back and complain.

God bless P&B giving me my bi-monthly reminder who the Lib Dem leader is. I forget sometimes honestly.

1 hour ago, btb said:

A humanitarian ceasefire is just a continuation of the status quo but the SNP should accept that Starmer/Labour outmanoeuvred them on this occasion and accept the watered down motion - this toys out the pram stuff from the SNP allying themselves with the Tories is unedifying.

Outmanoeured by a bent Speaker?....aye ok 🤣

14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

If you could quote where I’ve praised any of the actions today that would be useful to refresh my memory as I must be going senile.

All I’ve done is comment on what has happened.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

They can’t call for an unconditional ceasefire.  If they’re a government in waiting they’ll have to do business with Israel in the future.  Like it or not Israel is an ally and trading partner of the UK and it’s a bad move to openly condemn them and give the impression they don’t care about the hostages or Israel’s security.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

For the reasons I already stated.  In the UK we also have the complication of our relationship with the US to consider.  Again like it or not we still have to do business with them in the future and don’t want to alienate them.  There is an effective Jewish lobby in US politics/society.

Very rarely are these things as simple as people imagine.

These both read to me that you believe that Labour were right not to support calls for a ceasefire for the sake of our relationship with Israel. If that’s not what you think, then please clarify. 

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

These both read to me that you believe that Labour were right not to support calls for a ceasefire for the sake of our relationship with Israel. If that’s not what you think, then please clarify. 

That’s an explanation of foreign policy considerations that governments will analyse.  It isn’t my personal views.

Too many people take an automatic binary view of a particular topic.  It’s an art form on this forum.  It’s also the norm that it’s a case study in groupthink.

Making a comment that doesn’t conform to that view does not make me an apologist for Labour, or Starmer, or any other politician or party.

I’m sure I’ve said on here many times I think they’re all a bunch of wanks.

Edited by Left Back

Just now, Left Back said:

That’s an explanation of foreign policy considerations that governments will analyse.  It isn’t my personal views.

Too many people take an automatic binary view of a particular topic.  It’s an art form on this forum.  It’s also the norm that it’s a case study in groupthink.

Making a comment that doesn’t conform to that view does not make me an apologist for Labour, of Starmer, or any other politician or party.

I’m sure I’ve said on here many times I think they’re all s bunch of wanks.

I’m not going to apologise for taking a binary view on ”is supporting genocide bad” mate 

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m not going to apologise for taking a binary view on ”is supporting genocide bad” mate 

Do you believe that’s the position of any politician or party in the UK?

”Right lads, let’s back Israel ‘cos we all love a bit of genocide eh?  We can start a book on how many die to make it interesting”

ETA as much as I think they’re all wanks I don’t believe for one second any of them are backing genocide and would all want the bloodshed to stop.

Edited by Left Back

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Do you believe that’s the position of any politician or party in the UK?

”Right lads, let’s back Israel ‘cos we all love a bit of genocide eh?  We can start a book on how many die to make it interesting”

I mean, yes I do. This is a country with Michael Gove in it. 

But the main point is, I don’t particularly give a f**k why they continue to support the genocide, the reality is that they do. And I hope that all of them are viciously hounded for every remaining second of their life over it. 

9 minutes ago, orfc said:

SIR KEIR STARMER KC PM TO BE  1  SNP / TORY ALLIANCE  0 

So many sizzling like f**k posters denied their daily "Labour is crap" feel good post, SKS has ragdolled the lot of you 🙂

Yeah mate, that’s the most important thing here. The genocide happening is just a secondary issue. 

42 minutes ago, orfc said:

So many sizzling like f**k posters denied their daily "Labour is crap" feel good post, SKS has ragdolled the lot of you 🙂

Last time I looked..'ragdolled' wasnt offered by any reputable dictionary as a definition for 'THREATENING Lindsay Hoyle.

Edited by TONTROOPER

4 hours ago, orfc said:

Oh noes, has the SNP / Tory plan of trying to give labour a hospital pass collapsed on its arse? 🥺

27 minutes ago, orfc said:

Just now, orfc said:

It's a non issue in this context, Gaza's just a handy prop for a bit of "look at me" posturing for politicians

This was all about bending labour over and the SNP-TORY tag team are raging 🙂 

When orfc starts trolling

IMG_0858.thumb.jpeg.318c594eb9e25c48c47cd9a855f2e060.jpeg

5 minutes ago, orfc said:

It's a non issue in this context, Gaza's just a handy prop for a bit of "look at me" posturing for politicians

This was all about bending labour over and the SNP-TORY tag team are raging 🙂 

This was all about Labour being in the pocket, petrified of the Jewish movement within the party. They are only playing politics to look like Tories.

Utter scumbags.