What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Another day.........another "f**k your devolution" story.

I reckon Ian Murray was bullied when he was a kid.

19 hours ago, ICTChris said:

New housing targets, incoming planning reform and ban on onshore wind farms lifted. Build, baby build.

1C7DA03C-B035-478E-A558-A6C02C02EB34.thumb.jpeg.f95076d4568b2c2d274d5fa6f3c720ac.jpeg

But private companies have to do it all

flat750x075f-pad750x1000f8f8f8.thumb.jpg.54d1fdffe7a4130effbab0ba59a43748.jpg

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

😂 it's literally every single day now.

Tonty seems obsessed with AI and is involved with crypto as well. An absolute ghoul of a man.

I wonder if we'll ever find out who the unnamed ex British PM was in the Epstein flight logs.

Well said .  Ghoul is the perfect description for Blair in so many ways.

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

I wonder if we'll ever find out who the unnamed ex British PM was in the Epstein flight logs.

It’ll be more than one surely. Boris and Ghislaine were very friendly when they were at Oxford. 

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

As usual, Jedi, you are taking what I said and making up some nonsense about it.

Firstly, please point out exactly where I said (or even suggested) that the SNP had a flawless record. That's just another lie from you.

My view on Labour isn't influenced by the 4 days. It is influenced by their Tory-lite manifesto, which I have serious doubts about them managing to implement, even with their large majority. Obviously, it's up to them to prove me wrong, but I certainly didn't describe the last 4 days as shambolic.

Please stop making up lies, and in future, try to respond to what I actually said, rather than making stuff up.

Keir Starmer is the Prime Minister.....LIE!!!

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Another day.........another "f**k your devolution" story.

Except for viewers in England, of course, as Starmer met English mayors discussing, erm, more devolution and taking control, saying "I’m a great believer in devolution, I’m a great believer in the idea that those with skin in the game – those that know their communities – make much better decisions than people sitting in Westminster and Whitehall."

13 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

I thought he went to Holland Park, a comprehensive with an affluent catchment area. The hunt for the class traitor continues.

Louise Haigh. 

I suspect Blair is unhappy that he's no longer the only Labour leader to win a massive majority in recent years. Add to that, Starmer started from a much lower base than Blair.

Less than a week in, and already delivering..

National Wealth Fund set up with £7.8 billion of public money going in, and having the banks on board already to aim for £3 private for every £1 of public investment for ports, gigafactories, Windfall Tax on oil and gas started.

GB Energy Investment to start in the next few days

Onshore Windfarms ban by the Tories overturned, opening up new Green Energy potential

New house planning and building targets started and a recruitment of 300 local planning officers 

6500 Teachers: Recruitment boost underway with an expansion of adverts, vacancies and online targeting for recruitment.

Rwanda Scheme Scrapped and Border Security Command Force set up to tackle the criminal gangs behind people smuggling.

Audit of NHS finances started, and working in partnership with health officials to best target finance.

We were told that 'none' of the Manifesto would be enacted...

Of course it will take time to see the effects of the numbers on teachers, houses, waiting lists etc, but doing what they said they would do right away, and the difference being a large number of Scottish WM MPs are part of making these decisions 

3 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

We were told that 'none' of the Manifesto would be enacted...

Who said that? I don't think anyone thought that the manifesto would be implemented, just that it was a centre-right manifesto. The fact that not one of the left-wing (or even centre-left) MPs have been given cabinet posts suggests that the whole "he'll say one thing to get elected, it'll be another thing once he's in office" ruse, one populated by people such as (checks notes), prolific P&B poster Jedi2, was actually a loaf of nonsense. As predicted by (checks notes again) pretty much everyone.

The awful scenes in Hertfordshire today absolutely reinforce the absolute need for Labour to carry through on their promise to half violence against women and girls. If they don’t achieve that, they don’t deserve a second term.