What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

Scottish Labour with 21,000 members in Scotland are a spent force with nothing to offer.

They wish they had that many.

In January 2018, the total Scottish membership stood at 25,836, however within 12 months it was leaked in January 2019 that this value had fallen by 4,674 to 21,162. In February 2021, the membership figure was down to 16,467.

To put that in perspective they have about 10,000 more members than the Greens.

On 14/02/2021 at 18:16, San Starko Rover said:

They wish they had that many.

In January 2018, the total Scottish membership stood at 25,836, however within 12 months it was leaked in January 2019 that this value had fallen by 4,674 to 21,162. In February 2021, the membership figure was down to 16,467.

To put that in perspective they have about 10,000 more members than the Greens.

Scottish Labour shot themselves in the foot and lost many many supporters when they shared the 'Better Together' platform with the tories in 2014, all that Scottish Labour stood for and their working class credibilty was gone with that reckless move.

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Scottish Labour shot themselves in the foot and lost many many supporters when they shared the 'Better Together' platform with the tories in 2014, all that Scottish Labour stood for and their working class credibilty was gone with that reckless move.

I don’t have the actual figures but I have heard that the SNP have dropped around 40000 members recently.

Sandy - audited up to date figures, please.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t have the actual figures but I have heard that the SNP have dropped around 40000 members recently.

Sandy - audited up to date figures, please.

The 40,000 Members leaving the SNP is wishful thinking on your part.

The most recent membership figures I can find is from Dec 2018 and that stood at 125,482.

On the day of the Independence Referendum the membership stood at around 25,000, as you can see by the above figure that membership quadrupled in 4 years understandably because of the desire for Independence.

Now with the Brexit referendum and Scotland voting by 62% to Remain in the EU it is more than possible, given the above surge in membership, that many remainers have joined the SNP therebye swelling that 125,482 figure.

The SNP by membership is the largest political party in Scotland and by head of population the largest in the uk.

But by all means continue with your wild fantasy speculations on SNP membership loss if that's what gives you a hard on. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

The 40,000 Members leaving the SNP is wishful thinking on your part.

The most recent membership figures I can find is from Dec 2018 and that stood at 125,482.

On the day of the Independence Referendum the membership stood at around 25,000, as you can see by the above figure that membership quadrupled in 4 years understandably because of the desire for Independence.

Now with the Brexit referendum and Scotland voting by 62% to Remain in the EU it is more than possible, given the above surge in membership, that many remainers have joined the SNP therebye swelling that 125,482 figure.

The SNP by membership is the largest political party in Scotland and by head of population the largest in the uk.

But by all means continue with your wild fantasy speculations on SNP membership loss if that's what gives you a hard on. 

Who am I to disparage your figures but December 2018 is a bit out of date.

Anyway, what happened to the £500k plus ring-fenced ‘fighting fund’?

Nowhere to be seen in the 2019 accounts.

Maybe try asking the Treasurer? He doesn’t appear to like answering questions.

What is the point of the SNP for this.

17 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The SNP July 2019 accounts, (published in October 2019), show a membership of 125,691 an increase of 209 from 2018.

2019 Income was £5.2 Million from membership and donations, but there was a deficit of £319,161 due to the costs of the European and UK Elections.

Total Current assets from property and cash at bank stands at £1.097,122.

Rumour has it the £500.000 you mention was given to the Scottish labour party as an interest free loan to help them out of a financial hole.

Starmer is proving to be even more ineffectual than I thought he would be, and I thought he would be pretty shit.  Bland, uninspiring and unable to exploit obvious weakness that the Tories are displaying.  It’s not a positive thing for democracy that he’s the best that the major U.K. opposition party has to offer.

Invoking the spirit of ‘45 for business loans it’s so good. It’s difficult to work out if Labour are deliberately trying to destroy any residual enthusiasm or if they just have no ideas anymore.

Leaning towards the latter. Corbyn briefly resurrected a corpse. They’ve got nothing anymore.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Labour have been utter fuckwits since June 2016, when, in a desperate bid to appease the aging racists and bigots who made up their core support, they chose not to be the party that opposed a Tory Brexit. 

Every single step of the way, they've empowered the Tories and their right-wing agenda. They've won no support back, they've guaranteed a Tory government for at least another decade or more, and they've become a laughing stock. 

It's almost painful watching this long, drawn out suicide.

Ex-Tory intern spent £65,000 on anti-Corbyn attack ads and won't say who funded them

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ex-tory-intern-spent-65000-23524023

Conservative activist Jennifer Powers insisted she spent money on Facebook and Instagram ads attacking Labour's housing policies because she had an "amateur interest" in the subject, and compared her political spending to the millions raised for the NHS by Captain Tom

What a useless dick default_laugh.png

Thank god we’ve got the adults back in the room offering forensic opposition.

Just listen to that intelligent discourse:

Giving the people what they really want, not nationalised broadband, or ensuring the hungry are fed, but real politics, like letting the ruling classes do whatever they want with no consequences. On yerself Sir Keef.