What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

Some guy who is quite happy to see someone murdered because he has different views on things getting wet pants because his username, not even his real name, endeed up in a thread title. Aw didums

• pawpar changed the title to What is the point of labour ?
  • 2 weeks later...

I note that the Scottish Secretary Ian Murray (sadly my MP) has been given £150m by the treasury "to spend as he wishes rather than being bogged down by bureaucracy".

Bureaucracy, of course, means Holyrood.

This is - almost the same amount - which would allow Holyrood to pay the Winter Fuel Allowance.

Labour even state themselves that "..It will be seen by some as a challenge to devolution and the UK government rolling its tanks onto Holyroods lawn".

Its odd that the magic money tree reappears when Labour want to dish out a few quid in order to circumvent devolution.....................

More Ian Murray......

The fat twat met with Maquarrie, the Oz Investment bank today about Labours "GB Energy" plans.

What this means is that Investment banks will make cash, underwritten by the UK govt, off the back of Scotland's renewables.

Will we see reductions in bills, or better service?

Perhaps we should ask Thames Water customers, who have also suffered from a deal which siphoned off Billions to the same Investment bank.......

Change, eh?

What happened to the capital L in Labour?

Looks like this should be the "people nowadays just don't want to work anymore" thread.

Reeves is planning above inflation rises in social housing rents for the next ten years in order to... fund affordable housing!

Meanwhile, they're responding to the threat of the far-right and their pogroms by adopting the policies of the far-right and throwing money at the Home Office to increase deportations.

I might be wrong but up until the recent General Election I’m fairly sure there was a poster on here continually forecasting a bright new future for the UK under a Labour government.

Whatever happened to that poster?

Edited by Granny Danger

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I might be wrong but up until the recent General Election I’m fairly sure there was a poster on here continually forecasting a bright new future for the UK under a Labour government.

Whatever happened to that roaster?

ftfy m9

7 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

People in Scotland can hardly say that they weren't warned.

Its become almost boring now. Pretty much everything Steven Flynn warned about pre GE - that GB Energy wasnt going to be anything vaguely sensible for the UK people, that the blackhole was ~£18bn (he was wrong, it was £20bn), that Austerity was about to return.

The BBC, and particularly BBC Scotland, told us that these were scare stories invented by an SNP "on its knees". They were absolutely right about the SNP shitshow, but the fact that no sensible Mainstream commentator picked up the rather f**king obvious holes in Labours story is a b*****ding disgrace.

I am particularly f**ked off because the Viceroy of Scotland (Ian Murray) is my MP and has been given £150m by the treasury to spend as he wishes. Doubtless on projects that he can say "why didnt the SNP do that?".

Devolution? I am afraid that every single thing they do in Scotland from here on in is to destroy the Holyrood parliament, then say "we told you so".

Quisling arseholes

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Whatever happened to that poster?

Busy with his new job in the Scotland office.

23 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Reeves is planning above inflation rises in social housing rents for the next ten years in order to... fund affordable housing!

Meanwhile, they're responding to the threat of the far-right and their pogroms by adopting the policies of the far-right and throwing money at the Home Office to increase deportations.

"ThEIr JUst aCtiNg rIghT wINg UnTil tHEy GeT eLecTEd"

What's that? Rent on social housing to rise by more than inflation every year for 10 years?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/aug/21/social-housing-rents-to-rise-uk-affordable-housebuilding-rachel-reeves

More 'affordable' housing is the apparent planned outcome but such a thing doesn't exist for most folk.

15 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Surely even the people who were coming out with that guff didn't believe it.  Utterly obvious horseshit.

I have family members who said this.

The problem is they all know I am Independence minded, and - due to the self inflicted clusterf**k that the SNP has become - it's difficult to get into any meaningful debate about issues surrounding Labour.