What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

9 hours ago, Big Bobo said:

I have never been banned Dee. 

And I am not lecturing about behaviour, I am offering advice as I have been in his position before. 

Banned as Steely as a starter for ten.   

And you've been banned again by another mod today.

We await your next effort.

Alas, poor Dawson Steelly Park Bigot Bobo. Survived only by a handful of other sockpuppet/dotting accounts signed up around the same time.

Incidentally, he opened this account before the Steelly one. We haven't seen desperately pointless dedication like this since Magee's heyday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c98y09n8201o

This is absolute insanity, and tells me that Reeves hasn't got the first clue about mental health care.

People who are "in hospital" because of their mental health are, these days, the most profoundly ill people going. You don't get a voluntary admission just because you are feeling a bit low or struggling to cope. The last thing people in a mental health crisis need is some muppet from DWP pitching up to give them some sort of glorified school leaver's careers advice. Then you've got the people on locked wards...

f**king clowns this lot. 🤬

56 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c98y09n8201o

This is absolute insanity, and tells me that Reeves hasn't got the first clue about mental health care.

People who are "in hospital" because of their mental health are, these days, the most profoundly ill people going. You don't get a voluntary admission just because you are feeling a bit low or struggling to cope. The last thing people in a mental health crisis need is some muppet from DWP pitching up to give them some sort of glorified school leaver's careers advice. Then you've got the people on locked wards...

f**king clowns this lot. 🤬

Reeves is a proper Tory, all the austerity cuts/give fat unemployed folk jabs etc etc 

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Reeves is a proper Tory, all the austerity cuts/give fat unemployed folk jabs etc etc 

Also convenient that inflation today showed a "shock" drop to 1.7% when it just so happens today's figure is the one used to determine the % rise for benefits next year. What a stroke if luck for a chancellor / bad luck for benefit recipients 👀

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I reckon we should have an immigration thread. I can so no problems whatsoever that would arise from such a thing. 

The worst thread in the history of the forum, nuked into the sun by a mod after 2 days and 134 posts.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Worse than the gender thread?

Yeah I would say so. The gender thread lasted a while and while it got quite spicy, I think an Immigration thread would blow it out the water with previously banned posters attracted like flies to shite.

1 hour ago, Wee-Bey said:

Yeah I would say so. The gender thread lasted a while and while it got quite spicy, I think an Immigration thread would blow it out the water with previously banned posters attracted like flies to shite.

The attraction is that it would herd the puddle drinkers in one place.

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Would there be an Australian-style points-based system to decide who can post in it?

Yes. I think people with fewer than, say... oooh... 9.7k posts should, like the Australian State does to the majority of applicants, be told to get tae...