Who will win the league (very interesting league this time)

19 hours ago, ATLIS said:

You've been missing out on some top tier pies such as our:

Chicken Tikka Chasni,  Steak Haggis and Peppercorn, Beef satay and Peppered Steak and Black Pudding pies. All absolute worldies. 

My word. Need to check the fixtures to see when we are up at the spaghetti-had

8 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

The bookies appear to have us as favourites, which is extremely uncommon, I don't recall this ever happening before.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/scottish-championship/winner

You’re probably right that it hasn’t happened before, at least for a generation or so - but I don’t think it’s all that surprising. Raith were a good team last season and look to have improved on that squad which was already competitive at the top end of the league. Despite Murray’s weird denials of it, you probably have the highest budget you’ve had for a long, long time as well, and in a broadly competitive division it makes perfect sense for your team to be the bookies’ favourites.

I think we may struggle early on if we don't have Donaldson, Lang, Morrison and McCann available. I think, with a fully fit team, we would be a match for anyone in the league though.

I would have said Partick or Dunfermline but I do think Ayr United may have an outside chance of going up. New manager, lots of money coming in, new developments at Somerset Park, just a general buzz about the place.  Might not win the league, but a play off contender.

On 08/07/2024 at 15:30, ShaggerG said:

I think we may struggle early on if we don't have Donaldson, Lang, Morrison and McCann available. I think, with a fully fit team, we would be a match for anyone in the league though.

I think that's what could derail any hopes of a top 4 spot for us. We are only a couple of injuries away from being very low in numbers especially in defence as you rightly say and at centre forward. 

8 hours ago, Honestman1954 said:

I would have said Partick or Dunfermline but I do think Ayr United may have an outside chance of going up. New manager, lots of money coming in, new developments at Somerset Park, just a general buzz about the place.  Might not win the league, but a play off contender.

Genuine question here - whatever would make you think Dunfermline?  As a Pars fan I’m really concerned about our season ahead, and I’m thinking we look like relegation fodder.

I don't see all this fuss with Ayr 

Have I missed a signing that's not been around the block and struggled to game time at clubs championship and below 

I said Patrick way back and still say Partick

we won't really know until the first 9 games are done. Anyone of 3 or 4 could scrape it or run away with it. What I'd say about Falkirk (my team) is that it's a fair step up in class from what we've played against for the last 5 seasons so as long as we're within say 9 points come xmas we'd be in with a chance, as would any other team. 

1st        Ayr United

2nd     Partick Thistle

3rd.     Raith Rovers

4th.     Livingston

5th.     Dunfermline

6th.     Morton

7th.     Airdrie

8th.    Falkirk

9th.    Hamilton

10th.   Queens Park

12 hours ago, MrDust said:

I don't see all this fuss with Ayr 

Have I missed a signing that's not been around the block and struggled to game time at clubs championship and below 

I said Patrick way back and still say Partick

MARCO RUS

5 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

1st        Ayr United

2nd     Partick Thistle

3rd.     Raith Rovers

4th.     Livingston

5th.     Dunfermline

6th.     Morton

7th.     Airdrie

8th.    Falkirk

9th.    Hamilton

10th.   Queens Park

I get the fear when I see us Ayr fans being optimistic 😁

1. Thistle 

2. Raith 

3. Ayr

4. Livingston 

5. Morton 

6. Dunfermline 

7. Falkirk 

8. Airdrie 

9. Hamilton

10. Queens

Ayr looking very good a few more quality additions and we could be up there challenging for first place. Rus is a surprise package who potentially could be better than Dipo and a front two of Dowdes and Oakley are going to cause carnage for any back line in this division.