England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

I'm strangely not fussed about the outcome of this.

If England win then Southgate looks good (on paper) and may keep his job. 

If Switzerland win then the fall-out will be hilarious. I might even dish out on a few Toblerone's....

I reckon Southgate's gone at the end of this campaign, regardless.  If I'm him the resignation goes in, I'd sit back and count the cash and do the odd bit of punditry   Whether folk like it or not, his approach has worked and I will say England to win on that basis only.  The rubbish football is frustrating, but I would be more upset if I was French.  I think the Swiss are very astute and if Big Xhaka is fully fit, him up against Rice could be interesting.

Think england might dispatch of switzerland quite comfortably. Thought there was acres of room behind the swiss defence when we played them so wonder if they might go with some pace in attacking areas

Posted (edited)

I actually think the Swiss have enough about them to be the ones that really show up this England team.

2-1 win for the things for getting stones out of horses hooves XI

Edit -just listening to a guy on Sky News with a Scottish accent saying ‘we’, ‘us’ etc when referring to England. Turns out it’s Trevor Steven - I know he played up here, but weird he got such an accent in a relatively short spell.

Edited by tarapoa

55 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I actually think the Swiss have enough about them to be the ones that really show up this England team.

Edit -just listening to a guy on Sky News with a Scottish accent saying ‘we’, ‘us’ etc when referring to England. Turns out it’s Trevor Steven - I know he played up here, but weird he got such an accent in a relatively short spell.

He's from Berwick and they can have a sort of half scottish half Northumberland accent.

50 minutes ago, Rael Rover said:

He's from Berwick and they can have a sort of half scottish half Northumberland accent.

Which is confusing for English folk who have never heard of North Berwick and can't understand where the what they call "Geordie" went.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Tremendous player when he played for Everton.  Their wide men were great.  Tricky Trev, as they liked to call him, played on the right and Kevin Sheedy on the left.  Sheedy was brilliant from free-kicks and must be appalled watching the dead ball disasters in this comp.

4 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Think england might dispatch of switzerland quite comfortably. Thought there was acres of room behind the swiss defence when we played them so wonder if they might go with some pace in attacking areas

Based on the way Switzerland played against us, they like to try and bait the opposition's press and create space for their front three to run into. I don't think England will press like we did (they're unlikely to have someone doing a job on Xhaka like McTominay did), but they looked v susceptible in transition against Slovakia so Switzerland/Embolo could cause them issues in that respect if Switzerland succeed in inviting them on. 

Switzerland are better than any of the teams England have played up to now.

England will probably scrap through but Switzerland winning isn't out of the question.

After walking past them in Duty Free so often, today I purchased my first ever Toblerone.

They were prominently placed and on offer at my local WH Smith, which was either clever marketing or a happy coincidence.

I have an awful feeling that our southern neighbours may finally click into gear today after their narrow escape in the last game. The resultant media frenzy that follows becoming unbearable as usual. 
However I then remember that Southgate is the manager.