England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Netherlands 🇳🇱

throbber

Very poor from Netherlands but still 1-1. They’ve only had two decent breaks, scored with one and hit crossbar with the other. If that’s the best from England and they aren’t winning I’m sure the Dutch will take it. They surely have to be better in 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yet it’s still 1-1 and both teams have hit the woodwork. I’m pinning my hopes on England looking good, the Dutch looking shite, and they shitfest their way to a 2-1 win with a 95th minute sickener.

Would be extremely apt. 

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I will refer back to a post I made the other day about people pretending to not understand decisions made in accordance with the Laws of the Game because they just don't like them.

We all watch modern football. We have all seen penalties/red cards etc given for follow throughs and so on that would not have been given a few years ago.

Defenders putting their studs out like that in an effort to block a shot are taking a risk - it's reckless, which is why he was also cautioned.

I mistakenly greenied this post. That was an error, but not as bad an error as that penalty decision.

Well England have dominated and Netherlands have been honking, but it’s still 1-1.

The hope is that the Dutch can surely only improve with a few tactical adjustments whilst England will be looking for ‘more of the same’.

4 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

I could see an over confident England swaggering out in the second half and after 10 minutes of possession, Netherlands upping a gear or two. And finishing them off.

Aye, but DON'T. JINX. IT.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The only good thing here is it’s level coming up to HT.

The Dutch have been the easiest team to play against for England this entire tournament. 

They look overawed.

The Dutch , as a nationality, IMO,  are not the type to be overawed.  Maybe a wee bit arrogant even. I have faith in them for the second half.

Go the Orange! (don't say that often)

Holland need to just suck up "ToTAl FoOtBalL" and go Brexit-ball.

Get Weghorst on and just pummel balls into the box for him and Dumfries to attack.