Best of the West - WoSFL Cup 2024/25

Well that's pish. I was already for a bit of a wind-up; if Threave had gotten past Newmains they would have been at home to Gartcairn.

Cue a post about how good it would be for the Cairn to see what a proper wee non-league football ground looks like.

Thanks Kennie. 🤬🤬

Beith-Talbot was a great tie for Round 2. Heh-hoh.

What an absolute riddy. Honestly, the way the wosfl is run is an absolute shambles. 

Zero accountability as well. Absolutely nothing will happen or be learned because the beaks will cover for each other. 

How this could happen is beyond me. There is simply no excuse for this. Its a throwback to the very worst of the Junior days. 

For me, it’s a resigning matter but it’s not  like that will ever happen. 

1 minute ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

What an absolute riddy. Honestly, the way the wosfl is run is an absolute shambles. 

Zero accountability as well. Absolutely nothing will happen or be learned because the beaks will cover for each other. 

How this could happen is beyond me. There is simply no excuse for this. Its a throwback to the very worst of the Junior days. 

For me, it’s a resigning matter but it’s not  like that will ever happen. 

I don't remember this happening in the Juniors now you mention it (although I wouldn't be that shocked if it did). 

I'm not a fan of binning people for these sort of errors. Nobody died. You'd think that it's the sort of gaffe that causes such acute embarrassment that the protagonist learns their lesson. 

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I don't remember this happening in the Juniors now you mention it (although I wouldn't be that shocked if it did). 

I'm not a fan of binning people for these sort of errors. Nobody died. You'd think that it's the sort of gaffe that causes such acute embarrassment that the protagonist learns their lesson. 

The difference for me now as opposed to the old Juniors is that there is a level of good governance and professionalism that should be expected of those running any level of our national pyramid.

This gaffe is as bad as it gets imo. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Need a big enough deterrent so a club secretary isn't silly enough to only get verbal clearance from the SFA. It's the same in other leagues, seen it in the EOS etc, and it's a bit like when it happens in the league - there's still a 3 point deduction even if a club loses the game.

A fine if you lose or being kicked out the competition if you win is more than enough of a deterrent.

Edited by craigkillie

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Shanner said:

The Juniors definitely screwed up a draw in the last few years, can't remember the exact details but pretty sure it was the Junior Cup and it was widely lampooned on here at the time.

Edited by craigkillie

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Need a big enough deterrent so a club secretary isn't silly enough to only get verbal clearance from the SFA. It's the same in other leagues, seen it in the EOS etc, and it's a bit like when it happens in the league - there's still a 3 point deduction even if a club loses the game.

Hopefully the same applies to the cup No one has any interest in the SCC and my team field a suspended player.  

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

What's the Clydebank fans opinions on this shambles? They're never usually shy to stick the boot into the grade that they're  frustratingly  attached to.

Speak out about mr bamford.  I doubt it.  

You’d think the way they moan about the league the consistently fail to challenge in was not being run and ruined by the club official.   

from the farce of the draw not being available to committee not knowing a team was suspended.   I think those in charge the chairman and general secretary have shown they are not fit for purpose.  

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Juniors definitely screwed up a draw in the later years, can't remember the exact details but pretty sure it was the Junior Cup and it was widely lampooned on here at the time.

I want to say it was either the season immediately before or immediately after COVID, but happy to be corrected - I do remember version 1 of the draw us having an away day up north somewhere and version 2 ending up going somewhere down in Ayrshire - Ardrossan maybe?

It's not a tribal thing though - it's still a complete beamer to allow it to happen regardless of what competition it is and what blazer is being worn.

18 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I want to say it was either the season immediately before or immediately after COVID, but happy to be corrected - I do remember version 1 of the draw us having an away day up north somewhere and version 2 ending up going somewhere down in Ayrshire - Ardrossan maybe?

It's not a tribal thing though - it's still a complete beamer to allow it to happen regardless of what competition it is and what blazer is being worn.

It happened in the big Scottish cup a few years ago when Glenafton were drawn at home to QOS then they realised I think it was Beith weren’t in draw it had to be redrawn then Glenafton were drawn away to Livingston could have been a good pay day for Glens

Someone has to fall on their sword for this. Clubs have been getting hammered for mistakes (mostly correctly) but some of the punishments have been over the top. The same should be the same for the league management committee. 

It is extremely unprofessional for them to not only realise they drew a side that they suspended and to not even notice until said club informs them is unacceptable. This is on the league secretary just as it would be on a club secretary and since he cannot fine himself he should probably resign.

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Honestly they find any way possible to make everything a ‘clydebank bad’. 

Clydebank fans have been hell bent on slaughtering the level of football they play at and have ripped it totally to bits on here  . Why arent they ripping it to bits this time ?  Why the leniency? 🤔Be consistent lads .