24/25 CarMatKings South Region Challenge Cup

7 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Strong result 

We were well beat tho we did have a few missing.

Surprised how good St Cadocs were given their lowly league position. I’m intrigued tho as every player has SPFL experience and you def need a big budget to attract the players they have.

Given they are a youth Club senior side and there wasn’t much evidence of any fans for them, where does the money come from ?

16 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Surprised how good St Cadocs were given their lowly league position. I’m intrigued tho as every player has SPFL experience and you def need a big budget to attract the players they have.

Given they are a youth Club senior side and there wasn’t much evidence of any fans for them, where does the money come from ?

More chance of standing in a bit of rocking horse shite at one of their games than encountering a fan (i.e. someone who wouldn't be there if you their wean wasn't in the side). 

Edited by ATFC

1 hour ago, ATFC said:

More chance of standing in a bit of rocking horse shite at one of their games than encountering a fan (i.e. someone who wouldn't be there if you their wean wasn't in the side). 

St Cadoc’s have been nothing but professional and decent in my engagements with them, I must say.

24 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

St Cadoc’s have been nothing but professional and decent in my engagements with them, I must say.

Doesn't mean they have any fans

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Thousands of parents paying their subs for youth teams that is then spent on first team.

Plus donations to them as a ‘charity’

Wage bill is off the charts for this level, accounts public record for anyone who doubts this. 

Last accounts, their first team wage bill was 6.5 times their first team income. 

10 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Thousands of parents paying their subs for youth teams that is then spent on first team.

Plus donations to them as a ‘charity’

Wage bill is off the charts for this level, accounts public record for anyone who doubts this. 

Last accounts, their first team wage bill was 6.5 times their first team income. 

You can’t use charity income to pay professional players , that’s just illegal so the money must be coming from elsewhere 

Just now, Josuke Higashikata said:

Could say that about more than a few clubs, which doesn’t mean it’s necessarily true.

I'm not sure what point you're attempting to make tbh. 

Superb win for Glasgow United ....6-5 winners over Forth after extra time.....

Great to win but on chances it would have been higher...maybe about 11-9......

nerves are shot to feck after that ,both teams finishing with 10 men....deserved winners I would not agree as both teams gave everything and we sneaked it.....just....

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

I’m amazed that £174k spent on first team can be construed as a charitable purpose. Would be interesting to see what the regulators view is.