Highland League 2024-25

5 hours ago, Spyro said:

Strange decision. Never really gave him a chance which suggests there is something else brewing behind the scences

Nope. He was plain, old fashioned hopeless. 

Not sure about the due diligence but as an experiment, it didn’t work. 

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I was just wondering if the Dumbarton boy's convinced the committee he would do a better job. I was actually thinking Eddie was doing a decent job, draw with BoD, win over Rothes and narrow defeats to clubs like Brora and Formartine.

Lossie have taken fewer points from those fixtures this season than last. And scored less.

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

Surely it's putting the right man in place who can get the right team around him to fill in the gaps like that and allow him to do what he is good at? It was always going to take a while for him to settle in with it being a new landscape, but his previous record should have bought him a bit longer to build his own team up. 

His record? His recent record is, frankly, insane. 

18 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Did the Strathspey manager not get punted after four games earlier on this season?

He signed right after the end of last season so it could be argued he was given more time to sort the team out.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

When I was in Lossie for Clach scudding them I met a guy who had managed at Dumbarton who said he'd applied for an HL manager's job but was told he lacked local knowledge, can't remember if it was Lossie or another club.

In my experience, when you tell a guy why he hasn’t got the job you don’t necessarily give the real reason.

Bad breath, went to the wrong school, arrogant and obnoxious, etc.

If you'd told me after eight games Clach would be ahead of Locos, Banks o' Dee, Buckie and Fraserburgh I'd have thought you were taking the piss.

Edited by Comrie

On 29/08/2024 at 00:06, Jordi1977 said:

no

On 30/08/2024 at 12:34, welshbairn said:

When I was in Lossie for Clach scudding them I met a guy who had managed at Dumbarton who said he'd applied for an HL manager's job but was told he lacked local knowledge, can't remember if it was Lossie or another club.

Any chance of a name?

On 01/09/2024 at 11:20, Comrie said:

If you'd told me after eight games Clach would have be ahead of Locos, Banks o' Dee, Buckie and Fraserburgh I'd have thought you were taking the piss.

Deserved the win on Saturday but might have been a different game if our striker never missed the sitter in the first half. 2nd half you guys bossed it. 

Formartine Utd......

I see they've had a steady start to the season.

Are they punching where they are or should they be higher/lower?

Are they well backed,decent crowds?

Decent players to look out for?

Do they do programmes?

Most of all how many pubs in the village,is there a social club?

Asking for a Scottish Cup friend :whistle

They're normally higher than mid table, been struggling against the big teams this season. 

Haven't seen them this season but if Julian Wade's still with them he can be a handful up front.

Last season I watched them on a nice sunny day and there was a decent crowd.

There's a social club at the ground and there's a wee pub/off license in the village that sometimes does food, when I was there they had a van outside doing tapas and stuff that they served inside. It's small so no room for a coach load. There's also a Legion and a bowling club bar but I haven't been to either so I don't know when they open.

I seem to remember them doing a programme but I might be imagining it, it's a very rare thing in the Highland League these days.