Jamesy Kirkland

When I saw the thread title there I guessed that would be why. That's bad news. Didn't know him personally but know he was gid junior man. Always made me laugh when I saw him walking in Mauchline and someone would pass him in a car and peep their horn. Jamesy just raised his hand in a wave without looking to see who it was. 

9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

When I saw the thread title there I guessed that would be why. That's bad news. Didn't know him personally but know he was gid junior man. Always made me laugh when I saw him walking in Mauchline and someone would pass him in a car and peep their horn. Jamesy just raised his hand in a wave without looking to see who it was. 

Mark he was a great guy as well as a top manager , I could tell a million stories but the funniest one was down at maybole one Saturday , both teams fighting relegation and i saw the police presence at the game thinking they were just in to watch but no half time whistle gos and they arrest our left back as he’s coming off park , jamesy in his own style says officer we are fighting relegation here can u no wait to time up ,?
sorry was the reply and no matter how hard he tried which went on a while he was still taken away in back of the van . 

honestly it was one of the funniest things I’ve seen at a game 

Aye, I'm also sad about this news.

Puts the other stuff about cup draw shambles and suchlike into perspective.

Jamesie was a great wee character and a real fitba man. Used to manage his own clubs whether Talbot or the Burntonians (or whoever) on the Saturday and then you'd meet him watching the Sunday amateurs scouting for players the following day.

I hope when they bury him they let him wear his wee denim jaiket in the box.

Edited by Black Pennel
Schpeelin.

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mark he was a great guy as well as a top manager , I could tell a million stories but the funniest one was down at maybole one Saturday , both teams fighting relegation and i saw the police presence at the game thinking they were just in to watch but no half time whistle gos and they arrest our left back as he’s coming off park , jamesy in his own style says officer we are fighting relegation here can u no wait to time up ,?
sorry was the reply and no matter how hard he tried which went on a while he was still taken away in back of the van . 

honestly it was one of the funniest things I’ve seen at a game 

I remember that. Myles Gilluely wasn't it?

12 minutes ago, andy25 said:

I remember that. Myles Gilluely wasn't it?

The very man , honestly Andy I remember sitting in the dressing room and Jamesie saying to Jackie Ferguson his number 2 , it’s the polis , the polis have just got us relegated , how could they no have waited to full Time 

A total character and legend . I remember Jamesie well standing at the touchline wearing his denim jacket and leather sleeves when I grew up. 

A huge character down ayrshire way and a very likeable guy .

Sad to hear this .jamsie  was one of the biggest  characters  in the juniors  I loved going  down to play Lugar he always  had some great stories  I could have sat for hours with him....rest in peace jamsie. St anthony  pray for your soul

Sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences to his family and friends.

Jamsie lived and breathed fitba.The last time I met him he was passing my work and stopped for a blether.An hour we were there! I only went out to lock the gates. Rest in peace Jamsie you will be remembered.