El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

I’ll give them this, as it’s been quite a dull tournament, from what I’ve seen, the moment of the tournament so far has been Bellingham’s injury time overhead kick against Slovakia. Unless something spectacular happens tomorrow night that’s likely be all I’ll remember about this tournament in 10 years time.

Edited by Scary Bear

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ll give them this, as it’s been quite a dull tournament, from what I’ve see the moment of the tournament so far has been Bellingham’s injury time overhead kick against Slovakia. Unless something spectacular happens tomorrow night that’s likely all I’ll remember about this tournament in 10 years time.

Bellingham it is then.

I can't see much happening to dislodge him tomorrow night.

45 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ll give them this, as it’s been quite a dull tournament, from what I’ve see the moment of the tournament so far has been Bellingham’s injury time overhead kick against Slovakia. Unless something spectacular happens tomorrow night that’s likely all I’ll remember about this tournament in 10 years time.

Yamal against France best goal so far.  Hopefully he can score a better one on Sunday.

39 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Do you stay near Lochgelly?

That was more diplomatic than asking if he was creepy and smelly.

You're a better man than me…

…then again most people are.  :(

ETA f**k off @Binos

Edited by Granny Danger

52 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

3 lions is a class song bar the lyrics

The 1996 version is great and the lyrics are fine. The 1998 version is where the wheels start to come off.

51 minutes ago, velo army said:

The 1996 version is great and the lyrics are fine. The 1998 version is where the wheels start to come off.

Correct.

Football coming home referred in 1996 to a tournament being staged in the country where the organised game began.  It had already been a marketing phrase for the competition before it got harnessed for the song.

The 1998 version launched the witless idea that's reigned ever since, of it being to do with the trophy itself 'coming home'. 

56 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Correct.

Football coming home referred in 1996 to a tournament being staged in the country where the organised game began.  It had already been a marketing phrase for the competition before it got harnessed for the song.

The 1998 version launched the witless idea that's reigned ever since, of it being to do with the trophy itself 'coming home'. 

Actually for this reason I'm now firmly in the "vamos España" camp. Victory parades and four day celebrations are absolutely fine. After we beat Serbia I did nowt but celebrate for three days, so I grudge England and its fans none of that.

Having them claim that "it came home" is beyond the pale though. 

If England win this nobody will give a f**k that they were rotten for most of the tournament and had the easiest run of any team I can remember. 

Even when Greece won it they put out some big teams 

I trust any ABE types on here would refuse to take the proposed "bank holiday" if they win. (if it's UK wide...):)

I'm retired... but I'll put in an extra shift in the garden on Monday if Spain lose.  🥵

Predictions

Spain win: Thread goes to gold, record number of green dots handed out

England win: site experiences 'technical difficulties' for 48 hours, record numbers of alias accounts created. 4 regular posters receive suspensions.

50 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I trust any ABE types on here would refuse to take the proposed "bank holiday" if they win. (if it's UK wide...):)

I'm retired... but I'll put in an extra shift in the garden on Monday if Spain lose.  🥵

Most folk seem to be pro Espana from what I've read? 

If England win sunakstarmer can stick their bank holiday where the sun don't shine.

On 11/07/2024 at 12:31, Shadow Play said:

I am aware of that. 

Of the top goal-scorers in the tournament he has played the 2nd most minutes and, if I recall correctly, two of his goals were penalties.  In other words if he didn’t take penalties he would have scored one goal in 572 minutes of play with no assists to his name.  I don’t think that’s a particularly good return.  On current form I think England have better options.

Like most things in football though, it’s all about opinions.

It's like when he won the golden boot at the World Cup.

3 penalties, a header from 2 yards, a tap-in from 2 yards and a deflection off his horsey arse.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh