El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

The worst moments of today will be the numerous interviews with random folk in England waving England flags - which have fairly obviously been handed to them for the purposes of the interview - who don't even particularly like football, but are just excited England are in a final.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The worst moments of today will be the numerous interviews with random folk in England waving England flags - which have fairly obviously been handed to them for the purposes of the interview - who don't even particularly like football, but are just excited England are in a final.

And the random mentions of it coming home in every other sporting event taking place today, they managed to squeeze in a mention during yesterdays superbike race I’m sure there will be plenty more 

I would suggest not watching the TV today until kick off unless you want to irritate yourself.

I might watch the tennis but with the sound down, as mentioned above they will be crowbarring references to the football in due to Alcaraz being Spanish. 

At the moment it’s quite funny. You’ve got this weird juxtaposition with the presenter of sad concerned face for Trump nearly getting his brains blown out to happy smiley face for England. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Telly off or Scottish Open on today until about 19:59. At which point the TV can be switched on and switched immediately to Irish Broadcaster RTE. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m watching BBC News, well I say watching it, it’s on in the background. Seeing the England fans on telly isn’t making me warm to them. The TV have a knack of only filming absolute bellends.

I saw a brief bit of an Interview with some England fans in Berlin on EBC Breakfast yesterday. A small number, clearly hand-picked, that suggested England supporters are either horrible chair-throwers or utterly boring.

And on alternative telly, Wimbledon coverage continues until 9 on Beeb Two (WHERE'S MY ANTIQUES ROADSHOW???!!???) but no doubt they'll keep giving us first-half updates.

Shiteing it for tonight tbh

My heads telling me calm doon Spain will scoosh this but it’s not enough

If those England players ignore every single word Southgate says to them they are good enough. I can’t bear it 😭🤣🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

I saw a brief bit of an Interview with some England fans in Berlin on EBC Breakfast yesterday. A small number, clearly hand-picked, that suggested England supporters are either horrible chair-throwers or utterly boring.

That’s the English for you they are either coked up violent lager louts or boring IT working types who wear socks with sandals. 

They'll win something eventually. If not tonight they're almost certain to skoosh euro 28 as they're hosting (again). Quite happy for them to get it over with tonight (still want them to get pumped). If they do win the sun will come up tomorrow. Ignore any English based media for a couple of weeks and it'll calm down.

Anyway Viva Espana 🇪🇸

2 hours ago, throbber said:

It certainly got very ugly  and it wasn't the worst people getting upset about it iirc just fairly rational people losing their shit over a flag. .

Rational people don't lose their shit over a flag

9 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

They did on this occasion. It got taken down but not by person who put it up initially. 

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

A diddy cup anyway. No one remembers who won the last Euros.

Good point, let me remind you.

https___wp-images.onefootball.com_wp-content_uploads_sites_10_2021_06_imago1003175721h-1000x667.jpg.298a493d7e1bfdfa58ee6e5e5641614c.jpg

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

Correct. What happens in these scenarios is people who you had thought were rational prove you wrong.