El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

1 minute ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I get the feeling something will give this time around re Southgate.  In some respects I kind of understand the position he takes - they have some of the most exciting attacking talent in the world undoubtedly, but are badly deficient in so many other areas, so a baws-out approach would probably see them lose a tonne load more goals.  You see how badly exposed they were at right back tonight, both goals stemming from being cut open essentially there, and as mentioned previously one of the poorest, most overrated midfields going.

I think what needs examining more closely is this fascination the English media have with all things English Premier, as if nothing else matters.  The pundits in this tournament were especially guilty of being amazed when other countries omitted players from the EPL, as if it was some kind of national outrage.   With a couple of exceptions, the so called English big-hitters from that league (particularly Foden) stank out the place, yet the stars of the show (think particularly Lamal) are outwith the so-called 'greatest league on the planet'

They are not just outwith the EPL, they are almost outwith the 2 biggest sides in La Liga. It's dawning on them tonight that they were beaten by players from clubs they see as non entities. 

4 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I am working this evening, supporting an autistic guy originally from Manchester. He was jumping all around his living room when the equaliser went in and almost flattened me! He was a bit down at the end of the game. I needed all my poker faced calmness to console him and not celebrate myself. 

jjay

The pub had BBC coverage so I witnessed Ferdinand, Richards and Shearer's blubbering but I really would live to see Pougatch and Wright's tears and Keane's smirking.

Will ITV show a repeat either lIve or on ITV X?

1 minute ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

And they wonder why on earth others are praying for them not to win...

Probably bury my face down there tbh.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

I don't mind him and he's done a decent job overall but Southgate has had an absolute shocker this tournament. He has literally had months to prepare and decides to start TAA in midfield, before binning that idea in game 2 and then cycling through Gallagher and then Mainoo (who had some good moments in other games but a stinker tonight). The likes of Kane, Foden and Walker were poor throughout and started every game. Left back was an absolute mess, literally waiting for an injury-prone player to rehab during the training camp. And arguably their best player (Guehi) only got in because Maguire was injured.

Christ, I'd genuinely forgotten all about Alexander-Arnold playing in midfield. It feels like a lifetime ago. 

6 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Shearer said it on the BBC and one of the female English pundits said the same on ITV 

It is Southgate's fault tbf. They had gears they could have gone up but didn't seem to bother.

They were behind in every game from the second round onwards and only turned it on when they went behind

He's tactically miles behind and would be instantly found out at club level.

Where he's brilliant is man management. Uses very little of his squad yet they all seem to be delighted to be there and don't rock the boat. That's an art.

Just now, SEETHING said:

Like any self-respecting internet football fora legend, I put my money where my mouth is:

D0zxP4K.png

Small change for your average Hearts fan tbf, but still. 

Always gamble responsibly 

by which I mean 

Don’t bet on a team to win a trophy if Harry Kane’s playing 

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

and where has Phil Foden been all tournament? Nothing at all like his season at City - was that a purple patch, or is it yet another player that's been ruined by Guardiola? 

Can’t start a fire without a spark 🎶

Just now, A Diamond For Me said:

Well, that's that over for another four years. But remember, the real European Championship was the friends we made along the way.

You writing them off for the World Cup already? Probably a fair shout.

Just now, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Mmmm , they do have some good players 

unfortunately 

Unbelievable levels of shitebaggery evident here. Tonight, of all nights, you're worried about England winning a major tournament?!

Supporting Hibs has obviously left you mentally crippled viz your rivals dominating you.