Edinburgh chimpanzee injured testicles in fight, now recovering

5 hours ago, Peil said:

Cracking wee zoo.  Watching the 3 legged cheetah stalk my toddler son through the fence was a particular highlight.  real hairs on the back of the neck stuff as I realised that even with 3 legs it's have the lot of us in a flash

"C'mon then, human c*nto.....Ah'll gie ye a 30 yard stert and even wi' 3 legs, ah'll be feastin' oan yer innards in 10 seconds...."

7 hours ago, microdave said:

I've never injured my testicles in a fight with a chimpanzee but I did once kick a giraffe to death.

That's a tall story

When is the footage of the keepers intervening being released. Would be great to see as I bet someone got battered off a chimp.

Chimpanzee that!! It’s Monkey news!

12 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Went to Edinburgh Zoo when I was a bairn and they had a panther in a small pen that was quite clearly unhappy in such a small space.  My main memory of the place was this panther circling the pen. Went back a few years ago and nothing had changed, though probably not the same cat. There's plenty of evidence that keeping big cats in zoos is cruel and harmful but they keep them because zoos are money making businesses.

When I went there was a lion pacing up and down it’s enclosure over and over, staring into the distance, clearly absolutely demented.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

When I went there was a lion pacing up and down it’s enclosure over and over, staring into the distance, clearly absolutely demented.

It was the same at Barcelona zoo when I went- the tiger was pacing up and down stir crazy. 

The Lion was just stretched out in the sun like a big ginger mog. It then licked it's baws. King of the Jungle all right. 

12 hours ago, microdave said:

I've never injured my testicles in a fight with a chimpanzee but I did once kick a giraffe to death.

Was this East of Mombasa by any chance? 

On 12/07/2024 at 05:12, MazzyStar said:

I’ve been to Edinburgh zoo. The pandas didn’t show face when I was there. The penguins were a great laugh. 

Get well soon, Qafzeh. 

Nae wonder -

She and Yang Guang ("Sunshine"), a male, were returned to China on Dec. 4, 2023. The U.K.'s only giant pandas left Edinburgh for China on Monday after spending 12 cub-less years in the Scottish capital.

On 12/07/2024 at 16:01, Peil said:

Cracking wee zoo.  Watching the 3 legged cheetah stalk my toddler son through the fence was a particular highlight.  real hairs on the back of the neck stuff as I realised that even with 3 legs it's have the lot of us in a flash

Ikea? 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It was the same at Barcelona zoo when I went- the tiger was pacing up and down stir crazy. 

The Lion was just stretched out in the sun like a big ginger mog. It then licked it's baws. King of the Jungle all right. 

I went there a few years back and it was the same.  I said to the wife I wished I could do that and she suggested I throw it a bone and it might let me. 

On 12/07/2024 at 02:06, GordonS said:

Chimpanzees shouldn't be in zoos.

If you want to visit a zoo, go to Five Sisters in West Lothian. All of their bigger, smarter animals are rescues, like the lion pack with PTSD that caused them to lose their manes and the bears they ask you to be quiet around. It's a much better day out with the kids than Edinburgh Zoo.

Sadly the traumitised bear, rescued from a shelled Ukrainian zoo has died today. 

It's not only humans that are suffering in war. 

13 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Sadly the traumitised bear, rescued from a shelled Ukrainian zoo has died today. 

That's a grizzly tale

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

That's a shame. Do they still have the other bears they had before?