West Premier 2024-25 predictions

8 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Have benburb lost a lot of players, know one of their strikers went to beith. Been written off by some.

Would imagine top two will be johnstone burgh, st cadocs in what order. Will be another tight crazy season for sure.

Their striker is it Dec McDonald went to darvel. 

Lewis lovering went to beith.

Talbot never been out of the top 2 since the league started, built a new team last season, kept all the players we wanted and added a few. Think we will be in the mix again. Think Largs will continue to improve and be top 4 again.

Can see lots of points taken off each other. 

prediction

1. Talbot

2. Beith

3. Clydebank 

relegated

Shotts

Troon

Darvel

16 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

Talbot or Burgh for me.

Depends if Murdie can sort out his imo too big of a squad.

Far too many good players who will want decent game time

It’s never good to lose your top scorer and assuming Brophy is away then that’s a huge blow.

That only leaves Malky from pre “investment” days and I think it’s better to have continuity and have fans and players build a rapport. Certainly at the Burgh that’s what worked before, given the amount of players who stayed with Burgh from central division 2, to the cup final and last ever central premier title.

it’s a big squad to keep happy 

1 hour ago, Johnstonian said:

It’s never good to lose your top scorer and assuming Brophy is away then that’s a huge blow.

That only leaves Malky from pre “investment” days and I think it’s better to have continuity and have fans and players build a rapport. Certainly at the Burgh that’s what worked before, given the amount of players who stayed with Burgh from central division 2, to the cup final and last ever central premier title.

it’s a big squad to keep happy 

Has Brophy signed for another team yet?

There's high pressure on the big spenders from the off. Only one of them at most is going to end up happy in may, and I'm looking forward to plenty of knee jerk sackings and panic spending along the way.

Talbot might be another season or two until we can win the league (maybe more, who knows) but at least we can be reasonably confident of the sort of future we'll have.

Looking forward to a good competitive season 

4 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Has Brophy signed for another team yet?

No would be good to get him in 

1. St Cadocs

2. Auchinleck Talbot

3. Cumnock

4. Clydebank 

5. Beith

6. Johnstone Burgh

7. Drumchapel

8. Pollok

9. Largs

10. Gartcairn

11. Troon

12. Darvel

13. Shotts

14. Hurlford 

15. Glenafton

16. Benburb

Two horse race between St Cadocs and Talbot. Cumnock and Clydebank will do well but have a lack of title challenging quality. Beith in a rebuild but still solid. 6-11 could be in any order. All have real quality in some areas but real deficiencies in others. Darvel to struggle and Shotts to pip survival ahead of the bottom three. 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Unless they get their licence in time. 

It's been very quiet on that front since the SFA raised the drawbridge.

Have some clubs begn put off with the increased costs and the SFA's apparent attitude to licencing, I hope not. Clubs that are interested need to feel encouraged and assisted in the process.

35 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

It's been very quiet on that front since the SFA raised the drawbridge.

Have some clubs begn put off with the increased costs and the SFA's apparent attitude to licencing, I hope not. Clubs that are interested need to feel encouraged and assisted in the process.

The drawbridge is currently down and open.