Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

1 minute ago, Butters Scotch said:

Is this on TV for the Dundee fans since they are all greeting about the ticket prices and can't afford to go?

We're getting less than 2k tickets 

It's less can't afford to go and more won't get a chance to. 

@Der Panzer

Graham - never played in a team that finished top 6 - mostly bounced about Championship and league 1 on loan - the season he made most of his 24 top flight appearances you got relegated.Strain - past 2 seasons but a crock  - 17 league appearances last year - ooft.Sibbald - your best player - but 2 seasons in the top 6 4 & 5 years ago. Mainly championship jobber.Moult - player in his day - this will be a season too far. Slower than you. Gallagher - utterly humpty as we all know - was decent for 3/4 years about that long ago. Middleton/Watt/Grimshaw - 3 players your own fans hate and apparently club are actively trying to get rid of - great example. 
Babunki is a “pler” - against stenhousemuir - he’s had more mutual consent terminations than appearances at a decent level. Reeks of Wato Kuate. In any case player of the year nominee McCowan and young player of the year nominee Cameron pish on both his and Sibbald then you’ve got man mountain Sylla dominating both physically at the same time while Doc nurses his hammy and your back up CM options of precisely nobody watch on.The gap from last years championship to last years premiership - maybe Livingston aside - was a chasm. County and St Johnstone were abhorrent and County pumped a Raith team you struggled with in 2nd gear. 
You boys are in for a shock and I am here for it - Dundee Utd, St Johnstone and Ross County are miles behind the rest of the clubs as it stands. You better hope you do some decent business. Now take your very misplaced optimism elsewhere. 

Can't be arsed to reply to all this pish but why don't you put your money where your mouth is, if United are that bad then will you bet me that Dundee will finish at least 15 points ahead of us this season?

I dispute the latter part of the thread title. 

We all know the St Mirren threads will be by far the worst match threads we endure this season.

I.think the whole "first game of the season" of this one will result in a decent thread.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Couldn't bear the shite on the Dundee FC page anymore so here we go.

I hope we can keep this on topic, though the first few posts are not promising.

We are newly promoted, trying desperately to bring in players to strengthen the squad and have limited time to get players to gel.  Our first game against Falkirk had no redeeming qualities and I don’t think a win over Stenhousemuir is too much to crow about.

Derby games are the biggest games for both clubs and I fear this one might have come a bit too early in the season for us.

I once went to a Dundee derby at Tannadice when Bomber Brown was the Dee manager. I think it was a draw. I quite enjoyed it. 

I've got a pal who is an Arab but my sister's boyfriend's family are Dees so Sons of Arabia 1 Smudger's XI 1 is my prediction

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope we can keep this on topic, though the first few posts are not promising.

We are newly promoted, trying desperately to bring in players to strengthen the squad and have limited time to get players to gel.  Our first game against Falkirk had no redeeming qualities and I don’t think a win over Stenhousemuir is too much to crow about.

Derby games are the biggest games for both clubs and I fear this one might have come a bit too early in the season for us.

Nah, nah, nah - not having you downplaying your chances because you've had 'limited time to gel' only for you then to be in an extra advantageous position if United get a result. Yes, your team on paper looks utter shite right now and you desperately need players in, but we've lost a huge number of last seasons' squad too and the additions we'll be adding will have had a similar amount of time to gel.

You lads have decided - unbelievably - to keep a large proportion of your shite and that's on you.

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

@Der Panzer

Graham - never played in a team that finished top 6 - mostly bounced about Championship and league 1 on loan - the season he made most of his 24 top flight appearances you got relegated.Strain - past 2 seasons but a crock  - 17 league appearances last year - ooft.Sibbald - your best player - but 2 seasons in the top 6 4 & 5 years ago. Mainly championship jobber.Moult - player in his day - this will be a season too far. Slower than you. Gallagher - utterly humpty as we all know - was decent for 3/4 years about that long ago. Middleton/Watt/Grimshaw - 3 players your own fans hate and apparently club are actively trying to get rid of - great example. 
Babunki is a “pler” - against stenhousemuir - he’s had more mutual consent terminations than appearances at a decent level. Reeks of Wato Kuate. In any case player of the year nominee McCowan and young player of the year nominee Cameron pish on both his and Sibbald then you’ve got man mountain Sylla dominating both physically at the same time while Doc nurses his hammy and your back up CM options of precisely nobody watch on.The gap from last years championship to last years premiership - maybe Livingston aside - was a chasm. County and St Johnstone were abhorrent and County pumped a Raith team you struggled with in 2nd gear. 
You boys are in for a shock and I am here for it - Dundee Utd, St Johnstone and Ross County are miles behind the rest of the clubs as it stands. You better hope you do some decent business. Now take your very misplaced optimism elsewhere. 

Can't be arsed to reply to all this pish but why don't you put your money where your mouth is, if United are that bad then will you bet me that Dundee will finish at least 15 points ahead of us this season?

Sorry - nipped for a quick pint with my brother.

To call my factual post nonsense is a bit much. 

To suggest a 15 point gap is ridiculous - to take last season as an example - Kilmarnock in 4th and above were the only team with a 15 point gap over 10th and 11th. 

Dundee were still miles and miles ahead of County and St Johnstone last season - you won’t see many disagreeing - but the split skews the points as we played the strong sides while the dross cuts each others throats. 

Dundee are - as the squads stand - streets ahead of Utd - but opening day away from home and the derby makes it a very tough fixture to call.

I’ll do a charity bet with you on this game - £20 to a charity of your choice if Utd win, £20 to a charity of my choice if Dundee win, or a tenner each to a charity of your choice if it’s a draw. 

I’ll extend the bet to £100 that we finish above you as a season long sweetener as I’m far more confident about that than this anomaly of an opening game scenario. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nah, nah, nah - not having you downplaying your chances because you've had 'limited time to gel' only for you then to be in an extra advantageous position if United get a result. Yes, your team on paper looks utter shite right now and you desperately need players in, but we've lost a huge number of last seasons' squad too and the additions we'll be adding will have had a similar amount of time to gel.

You lads have decided - unbelievably - to keep a large proportion of your shite and that's on you.

Fair enough, I didn’t know that.  I really don’t pay much attention to the comings and goings of other teams and other than you signing Simon Murray I have no idea what’s happening with your squad.  I am surprised that you’re making wholesale changes given your top 6 finishing spot last season.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Fair enough, I didn’t know that.  I really don’t pay much attention to the comings and goings of other teams and other than you signing Simon Murray I have no idea what’s happening with your squad.  I am surprised that you’re making wholesale changes given your top 6 finishing spot last season.

Largely because we had around 11 (can't be bothered checking) loan players tbf.

The United squad looks absolute shite on paper and Dundee should horse them. However with a derby you can never predict the outcome.. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Largely because we had around 11 (can't be bothered checking) loan players tbf.

Getting a top 6 finish with 11 (or so) loan players is a bit of an achievement but I suppose it can have its downside too, particularly if you can’t extend the loans or sign them.