Which teams have the most fans on P&B?

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

St Mirren naturally have a lot of fans on the site because it was started by a St Mirren fan.

Falkirk started off with a big number as well.

Dundee have quite a big number on here as well.

Motherwell seem well represented on here too. They seem a decent bunch too…. Mostly. 😜

13 minutes ago, German Jag said:

The overall number of fans is only secondary. The main criteria is the ratio of good guys to wanks / roasters.

You also have to take into account how prolific individual posters are. I swear some days on here every second post in the activity feed is from an Ayr Utd fan.

15 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

You also have to take into account how prolific individual posters are. I swear some days on here every second post in the activity feed is from an Ayr Utd fan.

80% of Ayr fans are bots. The rest are dryhorce. 

I think there's a reasonable enough number of Killie fans on here and I do like that this forum is for all Scottish clubs (even the plastic ones) where you can see how others think. I go on the killiefc forums once or twice a week, but I dislike how any opinion that differs from the majority - even slightly - gets downvoted so quickly. It's always the same old angry guys who could perhaps be doing with getting up out their chair, taking a walk somewhere and considering that their perspective isn't the only one. By contrast, I've always liked this place and I probably always will. 

1 hour ago, The Black Flag said:

but with the most accounts?

Cove Rangers have one fan, as do East Kilbride, but they aren't real clubs.

An apology to the East Kilbride fan and the Cove Rangers fan for not recognising them.

I'm sorry.

Edited by bennett

48 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Motherwell seem well represented on here too. They seem a decent bunch too…. Mostly. 😜

Yeah I like the Motherwell fans, and I don’t like many folk..,

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

St Mirren naturally have a lot of fans on the site because it was started by a St Mirren fan.

Falkirk started off with a big number as well.

Dundee have quite a big number on here as well.

4 hours ago, German Jag said:

The overall number of fans is only secondary. The main criteria is the ratio of good guys to wanks / roasters.

eh?

I have doubts some day, I think there's about 10 posters overall, 9 of them post on the quiz thread

@Arch Stanton and @Jacksgranda are the same person, jack does it on the morning, Arch in the later afternoon, why he gets better scores.🤨

7 hours ago, bennett said:

Rangers probably have the around 4 or 5 fans on here, we're probably the least supported PnB team.

That’s to be expected for a 12 year old club.

27 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

If it's a number of fans discussion is the answer not Falkirk?

A quick back of a fag packet calculation shows the Falkirk thread averaging 317 posts per week, which the Ayr thread trumps with a hefty 401. Absolutely can't be arsed repeating this for any other threads, though.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I like the Motherwell fans, and I don’t like many folk...

Hopefully the expression used above to denote a rough/approximate calculation is acceptable in this context? I wouldn't want a repeat of last night's shenanigans on the Dundee Utd thread...

1 minute ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Hopefully the expression used above to denote a rough/approximate calculation is acceptable in this context? I wouldn't want a repeat of last night's shenanigans on the Dundee Utd thread...

I don’t belief the term or the context could leave any doubt about its acceptability; though I don’t want to become the default arbiter of such matters.

Yeah St Mirren or Motherwell probably have the largest number of regularly active posters on here?

Kilmarnock seem to have the least in the top flight, their thread seems to regularly drift off the first page and there's maybe 2 or 3 who post in match threads.

OF ones are hard to judge because so many hide it.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah St Mirren or Motherwell probably have the largest number of regularly active posters on here?

Kilmarnock seem to have the least in the top flight, their thread seems to regularly drift off the first page and there's maybe 2 or 3 who post in match threads.

OF ones are hard to judge because so many hide it.

Aye but you post more often than all them combined.

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Rangers probably have the around 4 or 5 fans on here, we're probably the least supported PnB team.

Probably because 50% of them can't read, and 49% can't type with crayons. 

21 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Probably because 50% of them can't read, and 49% can't type with crayons. 

From those numbers, you're saying that 1% of them are capable of accessing a website and composing an, at least relatively comprehensible post. Seems quite high tbh.

Well shock, horror, based on the average number of posts per week on each team thread since inception the winners are the DABs, closely followed by the Dees. This may be partly because they both haunt each other's thread as much as their own, and the DABs top rating may be skewed by the fact their current thread only started seven weeks ago.

The only one that surprised me a bit was Hearts in 11th. Again, a relatively recent thread - but they might be another lot who spend more time elsewhere than on their own thread.

image.png.8e26f347da371de089cbf2263c97c899.png

ETA: Table updated as the "Weeks" calculation wasn't quite right. It doesn't change the order, and nobody has yet come close to matching Ayr Utd's 375 followed by Falkirk's 300.

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

20 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Well shock, horror, based on the average number of posts per week since thread inception the winners are the DABs, closely followed by the Dees. This may be partly because they both haunt each other's thread as much as their own, and the DABs top rating may be skewed by the fact their current thread only started six weeks ago.

The only one that surprised me a bit was Hearts in 11th. Again, a relatively recent thread - but they might be another lot who spend more time elsewhere than on their own thread.

image.png.aaab43eae2dc9c53292cd3eb84bec359.png

I reckon if you took our posts per week then multiplied it by our average attendance and divided it by the average (mean not median) cost of our weekly shop you’d end up with a number.