πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

14 hours ago, Elixir said:

Scotland really are a nation of utter losers at nearly everything we do. It's a sad fact to admit. We'd be slumming it with the zero medal nations, or maybe slinking a handful of silver/bronze medals.

Well, you're a cheery wee so and so.

17 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

The American dude commentating on the swimming on Eurosport is almost making me watch the BBC

Β 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Who is the septic bloke swimming commentator on Discovery? Pain the arse.Β 
Β 

Uru-gay, Sant Lucia etc.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

The Yank and Aussie commentating on the swimming on Eurosport are both worse than Hitler for me.

They’re the OBS (world feed) commentators after Bob Ballard was sent home.Β 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cprq880yz0xo

33 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

So Canada have just knocked out Australia in Women's Sevens.... Another major upset and we play New Zealand for Gold!

Oh well no point in me watching the rest of this then is there

7 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Men’s triathlon moved back to tomorrow due to dirty water conditionsΒ 

The shite (in some cases literally) that'll have been washed in to the waterways after that heavy rain Friday and Saturday will be vile.Β  There had already been concerns raised about athlete safety, it's a poor show.

1 hour ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

The shite (in some cases literally) that'll have been washed in to the waterways after that heavy rain Friday and Saturday will be vile.Β  There had already been concerns raised about athlete safety, it's a poor show.

And now there’s a storm warning for tonight.Β 

I see one of the possibilities being raised is to make it a duathlon, with just the cycling and running. That would be devastating for the competitors.Β 

There really should have been a backup for all the events with open water swimming.Β 

The triathlon thing is a farce. They should have at least had a backup course earmarked rather than this ridiculous duathlon idea that will clearly give an unfair disadvantage to the stronger swimmers. Not to mention that the marathon swim event would need to be cancelled.

Β 

Did enjoy this quote from American triathlete Seth Rider though.

Β 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/articles/c51y5xy05yzo
Β 

American competitor Seth Rider has been preparing for exposure to bacteria.

"We know that there's going to be some E coli exposure, so I just try to increase my E coli threshold by exposing myself to a bit of E coli in your day-to-day life," he said on Saturday.

"Just little things throughout your day, like not washing your hands after you go to the bathroom and stuff like this."

Β