πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Some Team GB guy just got a dq for a false start in the 100m heats and threw a complete toddler tantrum about it.

He wasn't the only one, it happened in a later heat too. Azu said he heard a noise that caused him to go, only problem with that excuse was that he was the only one that heard it.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

There's definitely nothing dodgy about the IBA awarding Carini the same prize money as the gold medallists will get. Nothing whatsoever, nosirree

https://www.iba.sport/news/iba-is-to-award-angela-carini-of-italy-with-olympic-champion-prize-money/

She's been told to apologise and drift off to take the focus of this issue. So obvious.

5 hours ago, kiddy said:

Maybe their casual racism could replace Sharon Davies transphobic views? Just how she’s still on there is a complete mystery. Her twitter feed is a complete cesspool.

I haven't seen her post anything "transphobic". All she is bothered about is women's sport being a fair contest.

You have to remember she competed against many folk from the Eastern block who had suspect T levels and doping and who are now dead as a result.Β 

I can kinda understand why she gets animated about stuff in today's mad world.

1 hour ago, andyg83 said:

I haven't seen her post anything "transphobic". All she is bothered about is women's sport being a fair contest.

You have to remember she competed against many folk from the Eastern block who had suspect T levels and doping and who are now dead as a result.Β 

I can kinda understand why she gets animated about stuff in today's mad world.

You never see anyone post anything transphobic tho mate. You didn't see Helen Joyce posting that 'all trans people are a problem in a sane world' despite the fact you advocated highly for her book and described her as a 'compelling speaker'. Wouldn't Mumsnet be a better fit for your dribblings?

Β 

ETA - I take it your standard answer of 'Wow' or similar is now incoming?

Edited by carpetmonster

19 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

You never see anyone post anything transphobic tho mate. You didn't see Helen Joyce posting that 'all trans people are a problem in a sane world' despite the fact you advocated highly for her book and described her as a 'compelling speaker'. Wouldn't Mumsnet be a better fit for your dribblings?

Β 

ETA - I take it your standard answer of 'Wow' or similar is now incoming?

Wow..... this is nuts.Β 

Lots of big names high up the leaderboard in the golf, but as Hojgaard showed today, Le Golf National is the type of course someone could go very low on tomorrow to jump into contention.Β 

Screenshot_20240803_175741_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

The Kayak commentator's pronunciation of repechage is horrific

It is. Β But it’s a cracking sport. Β One of my favourites. Β Just wish the course was longer. Β The start of the kayak cross, where they drop them into the water from about 20ft, Β is just wild. Β 

Edited by Savage Henry