πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

4th to 8th set a WR for that place in a 100m race.

Imagine running 9.91 in the Olympic final and finishing last

Christie won in 1992 with 9.96.Β 

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So in the length of time I've been on this planet, 9.96 has gone from Olympic Gold to at best 9th fastest in the world. Remarkable stuff.

Β 

Lyles seems a bit of an eejit but I reckon I'd be an arrogant arsehole if I was that good at something so fair play.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

From the 1988 final 9(aka the dirtiest race in history), only Ben Johnson would have beaten any of tonight's times, and he would have finished 5th

2 hours ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

If Kerr wasn't Scottish I'd be wanting him beaten badly.Β 

Even then I'm not that keen, whereas Muir, McColgan or Wightman I'm cheering like f**k.

Β 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Why can people in the studio never just call people insufferable, loudmouth fuds? It's always 'what a personality, showman', etc.

I am sometimes quite cynical and try to check myself but listening to Kerr's patter fairly took the wind out my sails.Β 

Would quite like to see someone else win the race than Kerr or Ingrebretsen now. Not feeling the love for them.Β 

Edited by andyg83

13 hours ago, andyg83 said:

Β 

I am sometimes quite cynical and try to check myself but listening to Kerr's patter fairly took the wind out my sails.Β 

Would quite like to see someone else win the race than Kerr or Ingrebretsen now. Not feeling the love for them.Β 

Don't mind him doing that if he backs it up. Not seen anything to suggest he won't.Β 

14 hours ago, Elixir said:

They're all still absolute chumps compared to Bolt.

That world record has been on the books for 15 years now and after last night, it doesnt look like it's going anywhere soon.

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

That world record has been on the books for 15 years now and after last night, it doesnt look like it's going anywhere soon.

It’s also a full tenth of a second faster than anyone else has ever runner.Β 
Β 

Bolt either had access to way better drugs than anyone else (and knew how to get around the tests), or if he didn’t then I really wish we’d seen him on them.Β 

So Simone Biles is human after all.Β  She fell on the balance beam and finished 5th and then in her top event, the floor exercise she had some sloppy execution and finished second behind the Brazilian Rebecca Andrade

4 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Loving the kayak cross, it's absolute carnage.

Like the BMX Racing, the course almost feels too short. Seems like if you get down the first drop first it's very hard not to win, just like in BMX where the result was pretty much known after the first turn.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

A lot of face masks in the cycling.

British women absolutely nailed that. Β Something like the third time they’d broken the world record in these games. Β