πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

The number of golds may be down but medals in the mid-to-high 60s is exceptionally good - when GB should be having some retrenchment after Beijing, London and Rio.

Even then you've had a lot of nearly's and injuries play havoc - Katie Archibald missing out would have been two golds in the Madison and Team Pursuit, Josh Kerr and Hudson-Smith also among those very close to the top step.

LA 2028 will probably be a drop back to the 50s in medals haul - which is about normal for GB's size.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

The last bit will screw with me more than any of the new sports, as long as I can remember swimming has always been the focus of week 1 and then athletics comes in.

At least 2 of the new sports just seem like the Yanks wanting to boost their medals a bit more.Β 

I am an avid sports watcher as you can get, Β but even I was just tolerating the swimming and other sports towards the end of week 1 waiting for the main event, athletics, to kick off in week 2 .Β 

If they swap them round next time, I doubt I will watch anywhere near as much swimming and other sports in week 2 as there will be far less to hold my interest.Β 
Β 

A terrible decisionΒ 

Really enjoyed these games. The time zone massively helps and the contrast to the Tokyo games is massive.Β 

Personal highlights are obviously Noah Lyles getting carted off in a wheelchair, the BBC team building up Adam Peaty like he was a cert, then not really knowing how to fill the time afterwards and of course, RayGun

But the main thing I'm taking away is Hamish Kerr > Josh Kerr